“They make your dreams come true ... Ok sort of”

Grand Prospect Hall
Reviewed August 9, 2012

We were here for a wedding and overall it was very nicely handled. Ceremony as well as the meal went out without a hitch and the Grand Prospect Hall is an amazing building all by itself. Their was one negative issue in that the mens restroom had at least 3/4" of water on the floor and it seems like one of the toilets was overflowing. No one addressed the situation in terms of cleanup but at least turned off the water. Cant comment on the food as part of the wedding had a seperate Kosher caterer from outside

3  Thank eminker

Reviewed October 8, 2011

Impressed by the beautiful Historic Opera House, like walking into a museum.
Also impressed by the serving staff: professional, patient with people in their way.

Only one possible negative, if you cannot handle the owner and his New York way of communicating, (real old school), send a diplomat. Get along with him and you will be fine. He is very aggressive, hands on and a control freak.

3  Thank G G
Reviewed December 28, 2010

I had A very dissapointing experience at the Prospect hall four years ago when I had my daughters bat Mitzvah there.
The event was run very poorly.
They actually couldnt find candles for the cake and we had to wait till they found them.
The meal was timed very badly and the main course was so delayed that people started leaving before it was served.Two staff members had a verbal fight in front of guests and the bar tender was inadequate.
I wrote them with my complaints and they didnt even have the courtesy to answer my letter.
So,though its a beautiful place dont be fooled that it will be a well run event

6  Thank SusaES
Reviewed December 5, 2008

I had booked a 40th anniversary of my parents' wedding there. One can definitely say that the value and the service at Grand Prospect hall are both exceptional. Beautiful space. We didn't have that many people so we booked one of the smaller rooms, however if you have a wedding that you are planning then the Grand Ballroom is the perfect place to be. Great!!!

1  Thank Chancy01
Reviewed September 4, 2006

Fantastic wedding at a beautifully furnished hall with terrific food.

3  Thank DutchCabo