“Great brunch on our 40th anniversay!”

Frankies Spuntino 457
Ranked #102 of 5,495 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Recently we celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary with our three children and their spouses. They decided on this restaurant in Brooklyn and treated us for brunch.

This was an outstanding experience in every way.

The space is very pleasant. Inside is a typical NYC restaurant with front to back seating and a side bar. The décor is upscale and very pleasant. Out back is a very nice garden with maybe 15 tables. It is shaded with greenery and indeed a very pleasant place in the summer. There is also a what looked to be a converted garage where they can accommodate small parties and functions. There was a baby shower going on when we were there.

The service could not have been nicer and more accommodating. Our table for 8 was a bit sunny and they quickly assisted us with a reconfiguration into more shade areas. And.. they did it with grace and competence not disrupting the other diners. Throughout the meal they were attentive and professional. You could ask for nothing more.

The food was outstanding. The kids had preordered and everything was served family style which was perfect. We had two outstanding pasta dishes as well as plates of delightful Panini and two fresh and tasty salads. Did not see the menu but I would expect it is extensive with Italian delights. The dessert was very special.

Nice wine list that led us from sparkling wine to a wonderful Sancerre.

The wonderful quality of the restaurant was only exceeded by the warmth and generosity of our children. (they read these reviews). This was an anniversary we will never forget!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Don't get me wrong, I've been to nicer places... white tablecloth service crumbers, and a "Captain'' for the evening meal. In fact, we went to one of those the night before we hit Frankie's 457 in Brooklyn. There were four of us, all well versed in different styles of Italian cooking and fine dining. We all agreed that we enjoyed Frankie's more than our more trendy and upscale meal the night prior.

The appetizers specials were incredible - creamy Burrata cheese and plums, another garlicky, fresh heirloom tomato and ricotta cheese flat bread w/ arugla salad - yumm!!! I was legitimately disappointed that I couldn't try more salads on the menu - at least a half dozen when we went, and many different seasonal combinations of flavors and texture to choose from. The soups looked interesting as well, but I couldn't pass on the specials...

Three macaroni courses: pillowy gnocchi that melted in my mouth, cavatelli w/ Faicco's spicy sausage, and the sweet/savory sage and butternut ravioli in parmesan broth. There were a few other specials that caught my eye, but we wanted to taste some of the classics first. I chose the ravioli as a contrast to the other two. We debated which one we could give up, if forced. No consensus was reached, because all three were FABULOUS!

Thank goodness we saved some room for dessert. Lattes, ricotta cheesecake and the red wine soaked prunes w/ mascarpone were light enough, yet satisfying to fill the sweets urge before we left that night. And the bill was considerably less than what we'd spent in the city the night before, with more than twice the food enjoyed.

I'm sure I will be going back whenever I hit the city next. There are so many other things on the menu I can't wait to try. Frankie's 457 is a little noisy, but it's really good, and well worth it. And when in doubt about anything on the menu, ask your wait staff. They were very knowledgeable, friendly and attentive to our needs.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Great food, superb service, charming atmosphere. We were here for a rehearsal dinner and the food was incredible and well-timed. Cheese, meat snacks, gnocchi, ricotta cheesecake: all highly recommended.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

I have visited this restaurant several times over the past 4 years. I live in New Jersey and have usually been accompanied by my youngest son and his family who live in Brooklyn. It is one of their favorite restaurants.

The food is very good as is the service. You can get anything from a sandwich or antipasti to a full meal. Their soups are homemade and the deserts out of this world.

They recently opened a large dining room for parties which you enter off of their patio. The patio offers outside seating in good weather.

You can check their menu at http://www.frankiesspuntino.com/

They now take credit cards. Parking is on the street but I've never had to park over a block away.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

This is my third time dining here and each experience has gotten better. We arrived for a 6 o'clock dinner on a Thursday which was on the early side, but that was perfect. There was plenty of seating and no wait. We opted to sit outside and it was a great choice, it's really relaxing back there, the exposed brick and stringed lights are tasteful and elegant. The service was very attentive and pleasant as well.
The portions are just the right size, it's the kind of yummy, home cooked food that makes you want to like your plate clean. It's fresh, hot, and delicious, a perfect Italian dinner in the heart of my favorite part of Brooklyn. If you want authentic Brooklyn, it's here.