“Great food”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 31, 2012

I remembered this place from Shannon Bennet's book on New York and as I was staying close by I decided it sounded great for lunch. It's located in a really nice part of Brooklyn. I'm a vegetarian and so the Eggplant Parmigiana appealed to me. Its a very simple dish and Frankie's version was just perfect. It's not a big place, it can be a bit loud down at the back end of the restaurant, if you are in the mood for a quiet or intimate meal. On request were very kindly moved to a quieter table near the front window. Its great!

Reviewed August 25, 2012

Was totally impressed with the restaurant. The selection for vegetarians was great. Had the most magnificent heirloom tomato and avocado salad, which was absolutely spectacular!!! A little pricey.. $16.00, which is my only slightly negative criticism. Maybe as the waitress recited the specials, she could have mentioned the price, as it was a little high. Of course, we could've asked. But it was fabulous!! Arugala salad was perfect!!! Eggplant parm and broccoli rabe were BEST as was the homemade pasta. The house red wine was fantastic!! The servers
were friendly and attentive. Look forward to returning to Frankies.

2  Thank susan s
Reviewed August 21, 2012

great Italian food, simply prepared. When I want to treat myself to a great Blt I head to Frankie's 457. In fact, the best time to get one is in the summer. I'm overdue. they are fanatical about sourcing their ingredients whether it is ripe tomatoes or bread from Sullivan street bakery. Well-matched wine and beer list as well. fantastic Italian Cheese menu.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

We were welcomed into Frankie's (didn't have res) and seated right away. The atmosphere is that of a cool resto with exposed brick walls and the fabulous smell of garlic wafting through the air. My daughter had read a review strongly recommending the sweet potato ravioli and 3 out 4 of us got it. Immersed in a flavorful broth, it did not disappoint -- the pasta was light and the filling delicate and flavorful. Although the server suggested trying the prunes in red wine with mascarpone dessert, we opted for the ricotta cheesecake which was delicious; oh well, next time for sure. There is outdoor seating in addition to the inside which seemed lovely for a cooler evening than when we were there (NYC heatwave) but it was still packed. Service was quite good and no long waits for anything. Would highly recommend this place --had been looking forward to going for a long time and finally made it on our last trip to Bklyn. Yeah!!!

Reviewed July 21, 2012

Excellent quality Italian. It always satisfies and never weighs you down. The back patio seating is amazing in the warmer months. It's a must!