“Great Italian Restaurant on the bay”
Review of Il Fornetto

Il Fornetto
Reserve with OpenTable
Il Fornetto is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #522 of 5,552 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Beautiful waterfront dining in Sheepshead Bay, Brooklyn. Enjoy the view and savor the flavors of authentic Italian cuisine inspired by the sea.
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Il Fornetto is a great place for a date or a whole family and friends to relax, eat good food and drink for a good price. All the items that I've tried on the menu are great and relatively cheap. The restaurant also has a full bar with a good selection of wine. The location is excellent as well with a nice view of the bay. This place is a must go for anyone who lives in the area of Sheepshead Bay.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Six of us ate at Il Fornetto this past week. The service was excellent. The dishes eaten included Tilapia as the fish of the day, Bronzini (both filet and on the bone) a chicken dish and their seafood pasta special. The fish and seafood were dry despite our requesting that they be undercooked so as to be moist. It turned out their was a surcharge for ordering whole wheat pasta with their signature dish. The lobster in the dish was tasteless. There was also a surcharge for the fish of the day compared to other items on their price fixed menu. The broccoli they served was yellow and on some plates flavorless. The chicken dish, I am told, was fine. The wine list was small, but overpriced as we thought was everything else. We ate a similar sea food and pasta dish at a local diner two nights later and it was wonderful and half the price.

1  Thank traveldoc2011
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I have eaten here several times with my wife, family and friends. The service has always been excellent. The views of Sheepshead Bay is beautiful. The food, overall, has been quite good. My cousin mentioned that the bolognese sauce was the best he ever had. The pasta dishes are great. Salads too. The meat dishes are very tasty and not over-sauced. It is a bit pricey, but it's worth a try.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

For those who may not be aware, "Hurricane Sandy" affected several restaurants in Sheepshead Bay, Brooklyn (as well as lower Manhattan). I telephoned to learn whether it was reopened, and it was; so I took one of the ladies who had given so much of her time as a volunteer to help others, to lunch. We each ordered the rack of lamb: it was mouth-watering. The roasted potatoes were the best I have ever had. Choosing a dessert is always a problem here, since one is tempted to have one of each. We decided to share the apple tart, and it was delicious and ample. Although, I wish my guest had insisted we also add the chocolate on chocolate cake. The restaurant wasn't as full as it used to be at lunch time, but it was a brutally cold day and many people may not know it has reopened. Now is the time. Ample parking (a treat in Sheepshead Bay), a movie setting water view that is very romantic at twilight.

1  Thank Brombones
Reviewed January 7, 2013

My children treated me to dinner at this restaurant (which I suggested). The food was very tasty, reasonably priced, and the service and atmosphere were outstanding.

Been to Il Fornetto? Share your experiences!