“Very bad service, mediocre food, high prices”
Review of Il Fornetto

Il Fornetto
Reserve with OpenTable
Il Fornetto is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #521 of 5,552 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Beautiful waterfront dining in Sheepshead Bay, Brooklyn. Enjoy the view and savor the flavors of authentic Italian cuisine inspired by the sea.
Reviewed June 18, 2012

It's been years since I've had service this bad. When I asked our waiter the price of a special he literally walked away from me and wouldn't answer. I found out the entree was about 25% overpriced when I got the bill. It was impossible to get the waiter's attention, and then, when we did, we had to listen to some crazy excuse for why he hadn't looked in our direction all evening. The view is good, the food nothing special. I won't go back.

Reviewed June 3, 2012

A nice family place for a birthday dinner. We were a rather large party including some small children and the staff tok good care of us. The food was very good, but not nearly as nice as the view. The wait staff was very accommodating and friendly. Free valet parking was also a bonus. A nice change of pace. I'd probably go back.

Reviewed May 16, 2012

We stopped in for a little something prior to a party later that evening. We went through the restaurant area and the view was beautiful! We did sit at the bar in the front of the building and ordered an Amici pizza to share. The pizza was delicious, the bartender was gracious and helpful, the bread basket was lovely!

We enjoyed our cocktails and pizza and would stop in again!

Reviewed March 13, 2012

I thought that this restaurant was very beautiful. It had a nice, scenic view and was tastefully and elegantly decorated. The food was tasty. However, the portions were not too big! The desserts were awesome. I enjoyed it and had a good time. The price of the restaurant was on the expensive side. It is the type of place that you would go to on a special occasion!

Reviewed June 5, 2011

Out of six dishes ordered, two were undercooked (pasta). Upon request to return it, the waiter asked if we would like it softened... Now, please tell me, how do you soften a plated bowl of pasta??? I am not a very good cook, but even I know that is just plain ridiculous. Anyway, we were brought another pasta dish within 5 minutes, and it was just as bad - you could practically taste the dough. Above all, the waiter was becoming very impatient and rude. There was no appology or some kind of acknowlegment that one of us pretty much ended up without dinner. They did, however, remove the cost of the dish from our bill. Although the rest of the food was OK, this experience left us with a very unpleasant feeling. I don't think we are coming back.

1  Thank ALIG116

Been to Il Fornetto? Share your experiences!