“The worst hotel service ever”
Review of Red Carpet Inn

Red Carpet Inn
Ranked #66 of 75 Hotels in Brooklyn
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Bad service and rude to customer. Toilet in the room is a bit smelly and no hot water supply. Bad Internet service although it had, cannot connect to the Internet all the time. No visitor are allow and would chase the friend visitor to leave. Worst hotel i ever had in my life. Should pay more for a better hotel, no recommend to others.

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank Lee V

Reviewed August 16, 2013

This is my first time writing a review about accommodation even this is not my first trip to NYC. Red carpet inn is truly one of the worst motel(?) ever. Asked for extra blanket and they told me there is heater in the room. Broken blankets and dirty carpets. The neighborhood around here is quite scary. The only thing that is good about the motel is the subway is just in front of the motel.
Definitely will not return for any stay. You get what you pay but this motel does not worth $120 per night.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Aisling K
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Clean but run down. Shower good. Wi fi worked 2/3 nights. Breakfast of bagels and doughnuts. Coffee ok with fresh milk. Subway next door so convenient for travel.
Got no sleep one night as the hotel car park outside our window was used by drug dealers and users. Car doors open, loud music blaring and drug taking for a couple of hours. Lots of noise from groups of young men just by the hotel too. Quite frightening during the night until about 5.30am when it quietened down. If you can afford better in Manhatten then don't stay in this area.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Steve T
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Wow I so disappointment with the place the moment i walk into the room it was so dirty .Bathroom shower faucet dam near fall off. The comode is unstable and the carpet is dirty that I have walk with my shoes from bed to restroom. The service is not that great when I ask them question they try to avoid it.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Theary C
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We arrived in the late evening, however check in was swift and easy and our room was fairly comfortable with all the general amenities. Sadly the towels were stained and holey - I would advise taking your own. While the staff are not the friendliest (expect to be stared at with hostility if you take advantage of the complimentary breakfast in the mornings), that would not put me off staying here again for the right price. On a budget, it's a great place because let's face it, if you're going to New York, you're not there to be sitting in your hotel. Halsey Street subway station is literally at the exit to the motel and gets you into Manhattan/14th Street in around 25mins, on a regularly run L line. If you're looking for somewhere a little quieter than the hustle and bustle of Manhattan, then going a little further into Brooklyn is a brilliant idea.

Room Tip: We had a twin queen room and the size was excellent.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 16, 2013

OK - so right away I have to say "Don't come here if you have unwaveringly high standards'. The place is rather threadbare and careworn, it's in a neighbourhood you feel you don't want to hang around too much in at night and the view from the (admittedly panoramic) windows are not pretty (petrol station in the foreground, car scrapyard in the background) BUT it does have the advantage that it is cheap (for New York!), clean, most of the things there work and is incredibly convenient to travel into Manhattan from (or JFK for that matter - about equi-distant).

In other words - if you're looking for a place to base yourself for long trips into Manhattan and are prepared to be nice to the staff and are a bit tolerant of less than impeccable standards you'll get along just fine (it helps to have been an ex-student with backpacking and 'variable accomodation standards' experience!)

I would not recommend this place to light sleepers though. The room we were in was right next to the bus stop so we got a lot of growling engine noises, "Caution this vehicle is reversing" warnings and beepings as well as dustbin clangs from about 5am on and, on some evenings, lots of 'merry' cries from the Hispanic bar across the road. Then again I have had the same happen when staying in extremely swish hotels in mid-town Manhattan! New York is just a plain noisy place!

Room Tip: Try asking for a room away from the 'gas station', if possible. The twin-bedded rooms looked...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Julian C
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I knew what I was getting into when I agreed to stay in Bushwick for my Spring Break in Brooklyn, but the people have a right to know what will be included when they stay in the Red Carpet Inn. Located in the heart of one of Brooklyn's creepiest neighborhoods, the hotel is well-situated between the Wyckoff-Halsey Street Subway Station, making it an easy trip to Manhattan via the L Train. This was my primary reason for staying in this ironically-named crack den.

When I first walked in, I was immediately hit with the strong stench of marijuana and crack, as if someone hot boxed every floor of this establishment, but primarily the elevator. I consider myself to be 420-friendly, but the smell of crack is one thing I cannot abide. As we walked into our room, the scent of crack grew stronger and so did the scent of urine. Our room simply smelled soaked with human urine, and yet the smell of urine was not in the sheets or bedding--but in the walls, which is perhaps the most perplexing. Deep rust colored stains marked the curtains and lampshades and most resembled the color of blood. I can only assume someone was shot in the room and the clean-up was very basic. The bathroom was very nice. It was almost like the bathroom was from a different hotel. It had genuine marble countertops, a luxury shower, and other fine furnishings. I was tempted to sleep in the bath tub, primarily because the beds are rubberized to prevent pests, which made sleep difficult. To ease our discomfort, we requested additional pillows, but our request was denied. No additional pillows are kept in the hotel. Honestly, I recommend spending a little more to get a better hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room facing Wyckoff for an interesting view of crime and homelessness.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends