“Authentic Sicilian Specialties”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
New Jersey
“Authentic Sicilian Specialties”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

My friend Lou from Bay Ridge used to tell me stories about the Vestedda sandwich at Joe's. One day he took my wife and me there. Now I am hooked! Vestedda is very tasty. When we go to Joe's I get a Vestedda and a plate of Polpo salad. In my humble opinion, the combo cannot be beat. Interestingly I recently saw an advertisement claiming that there is only one place in NYC where a person can get Vestedda... Not true! Visit Joe's on Avenue U.

Brooklyn, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sicilian food at it's best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2012

another reason why I will never leave the borough of Brooklyn, been going to Joe's since I was a kid! I remember my grandmother telling me that the pannelle were as good as she remembered as a little girl in Sicily she was from Palermo.
pannelle special, riceballs and potato crochets are a must dont forget di polpo
mange

Buona Pasqua!

• Visited April 2012
Brooklyn, New York
“Good Sicilian-style Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2012

I love the egglplant parm...not breaded which I like. Great octapus salad. Never had a bad meal there. It's rather like a specialty cafeteria. You can get in and out quickly if you need to. Great for lunch or dinner.

new york
“Go To Joe's of Ave U for Sicily In Brooklyn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2009

The best Sicilian Food outside of Sicily. The price is great, and the food is true Sicilian style. The room is filled with Sicilian puppets they have all types of Sicilian wines at good prices. And if you want you can order it all to go you can.

Sheepsheadbay
“Best place on the west side of Brooklyn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2008

Everything here is excellent-the staff-the prices-the atmosphere. I may never eat in Italy, but this sure is the next best thing