“Best Italian we've had on our NYC trip”

Gargiulo's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Gargiulo's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #226 of 5,707 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: For a taste of Italy in the heart of Brooklyn, look no further than Gargiulo's. We are an authentic Italian restaurant serving delicious, traditional Neapolitan fare made from family recipes that have stood the test of time. Our food is unbeatable, made with fresh, high-quality ingredients and cooked in-house with care. Gargiulo's has been family owned and operated since 1907, making us a Brooklyn staple and a Coney Island favorite for over a century.
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We've been in NYC for 2 weeks and an old friend took us to his favorite restaurant since 1958! I have to admit that everything he said about the place was true. Great food. Great service. We shared the Mozzarella, prosciutto & roasted peppers (the way mozzarella should be served....I hate tomatoes.). With a little olive oil drizzled over it, it was divine. Pasta course was Fusilli Carciofi (artichokes in white wine & garlic). We each had a main course. They were all well made and huge (We all took leftovers). We had veal marsala w/mushrooms, a veal chop special and a shrimp with crab risotto special. Cannoli were freshly made with a bit of a nutmeg taste that was different and tasty. Thank god they had minis. Don't think I could have done a whole one. This place is close to the subway stop, but has a huge, secure parking lot across the street. The dining room is a huge, old world kind of space, and has been a fixture in the neighborhood since 1907! We had eaten at places in Bay Ridge, on Arthur Ave. and several in Hell's Kitchen. Gargiulo's was the best of all of them.

1  Thank SWFoodie

Reviewed September 13, 2012

Still has same menu which needs to be updated but the service is now very poor our waiter said he could not help with the two badly over cooked rack of lamb specials. The Latin wait staff team was rude and dropped the dirty dinner dishes from the badly over loaded tray allover the place—on my daughter’s baby carriage, the baby blankets, my daughters dress the wall and he just walked away without a word. The woman wait staff boss came over several minutes later to clean up. The owner never came over to offer any I’m sorry or a consideration. We all left without coffee or desert. Will go else where in future

NinoR809, Owner at Gargiulo's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Dear Patron

I am very sorry that you had a bad experience, and I acknowledged that a server dropped a dish by your table. Accidents happen and how we handle can make the difference between a good experience or a bad experience. You cannot say no one came over. The Manager did come over to the table , apologized for the incident and had the baby's blanket washed while you finished eating.
Nevertheless these thing should not happen and if you decide to come back please call me directly and i will try to compensate to make your next experience a good one.
Nino Russo
owner

Reviewed September 10, 2012

Was there for a surprise birthday party, the food, the atmosphere, and the staff were all wonderful. I would go back again.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

I have never been disappointed at Gargiulos. Their food is always consistent: fresh and of good quality. They have a great lunch menu (a good $ value). At dinnertime, it is a bit crowded however. I have been to many catered affairs here and I am similarly fond of the way they conduct parties. I have also arranged several events with them. They are easy to work with and will really help you anyway they can. If you get there at a certain time of the day(mid-day usually), you can see a table of about 10-12 sitting down to eat together....that is the family and some of the staff. That is wonderful to see. Ask them what they are eating and order the same! Don't worry about parking, as they can accomodate about 300 cars!

Reviewed August 4, 2012

Its nice if want to eat before the game but nothing their make me want to go for any other reason. Everything is good but I'm not creaving it sorry...