“Good Drinking Spot in Williamsburg”
Review of Mugs Ale House

Mugs Ale House
Ranked #325 of 5,491 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Best part: huge beer menu. Also, reasonable prices, a nice outdoor seating area and a large indoor space with bar and lots of tables. Service is good and they have a decent menu of burgers and fries and the like. I spent an enjoyable couple of hours here on a Saturday night, it's a good option for the area.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

I loved the place and I do not even drink beer. The beer drinkers in my family said beer was excellent. I had a great wine which is often hard to find at a pub or beer place. Food was excellent and service was outstanding. Great atmosphere. I will definitely stop by again next time I am in Brooklyn.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

Went to Mugs to while away an hour or so and found it to be a warm and inviting place to enjoy great beers and delicious appetizers. Had the Calamare and the Buffalo wings. The wings had the right amount of kick and the squid wasvery fresh and juicy with a light batter. Kudos to the barman attending clients not siting at the bar quickly and efficiently. I will be returning!

Reviewed December 16, 2013

I am not often in Brooklyn, but when I am there and looking for a pub, this is where I have ended up. Great beer selection. Excellent food! Burgers, pulled pork, some of the best fries ever, as well as an amazing Mac & cheese. The other menu items look great, too. I am a gazer, and like to gaze around the room at what other patrons are eating - it all looks good!
This is just a few blocks from the Brooklyn Bowl, so I would also recommend this for a good pre-show meal with beer.
Mugs also won my heart this trip, as during the midst of SantaCon, they had a prominent sign announcing NO SANTAS! Yay!

Reviewed October 31, 2013

Mugs Ale House is a beer lovers dream. They have such a brilliant array of ever changing draft lines that it’s almost impossible to choose. Whoever is working behind the bar is happy to help you try and taste what is on and the service is very friendly. It’s just a great bar. Really good local feel to it, in a great part of North Williamsburg. I’d say it’s arguably the best beer selection in Brooklyn.