“What a Pub Should Be!”

Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Lima
“What a Pub Should Be!”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Went to Mugs to while away an hour or so and found it to be a warm and inviting place to enjoy great beers and delicious appetizers. Had the Calamare and the Buffalo wings. The wings had the right amount of kick and the squid wasvery fresh and juicy with a light batter. Kudos to the barman attending clients not siting at the bar quickly and efficiently. I will be returning!

• Visited December 2013

Point Pleasant, NJ
“Beer, burgers, Mac & cheese”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

I am not often in Brooklyn, but when I am there and looking for a pub, this is where I have ended up. Great beer selection. Excellent food! Burgers, pulled pork, some of the best fries ever, as well as an amazing Mac & cheese. The other menu items look great, too. I am a gazer, and like to gaze around the room at what other patrons are eating - it all looks good!
This is just a few blocks from the Brooklyn Bowl, so I would also recommend this for a good pre-show meal with beer.
Mugs also won my heart this trip, as during the midst of SantaCon, they had a prominent sign announcing NO SANTAS! Yay!

• Visited December 2013
Tavistock, United Kingdom
“A beer lovers dream...”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Mugs Ale House is a beer lovers dream. They have such a brilliant array of ever changing draft lines that it’s almost impossible to choose. Whoever is working behind the bar is happy to help you try and taste what is on and the service is very friendly. It’s just a great bar. Really good local feel to it, in a great part of North Williamsburg. I’d say it’s arguably the best beer selection in Brooklyn.

• Visited June 2013
Santa Barbara, CA USA
“Great place to sample local beers”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Decent menu and good for single travelers as its a friendly, closely packed seating arrangement. Tv's are playing for sports, but not obtrusive.

Visited June 2013
Cincinnati
“Great Beer Selection and Good Bar Food.”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

While service is a little slow, it's amazing that the two young women who have to take care of all the customers do as well as they do. My Kudos to the servers and a knock at the management for not giving these hard working ladies more help.
My wife and I met up with our daughter and her boy friend for a St' Patrick Day celebration and enjoyed some very good food. I remember it was good, but as I had a few beers, I don't remember what I ate :) . Fun, good beer, good food; great company. Will be back next time we visit Brooklyn and our daughter.

• Visited March 2013