“Picked this one out of the blue! Good Choice!”
Review of Chez Oskar

Chez Oskar
Reserve with OpenTable
Chez Oskar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #154 of 5,486 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: French
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Adelphi Street
Description: Reminiscent of Montmartre Paris. Oskar is colorful, communal, social, diverse & not just French, but Funky French. We are in the heart of Bed Sty, cranking out that fine affordable French dining vibe ... We make healthy luxurious food, always cooking with fresh ingredients ... Chez Oskar offers weekly specials: 'all you can eat mussels nites' every Tuesday, oysters specials, live music Mondays. Happy hour monday thru friday 5 to 7 pm
Reviewed November 9, 2011

I had to go to Fort Greene with a friend to see an art show I am in. We wanted to eat afterwards and I didn't know the area. I emailed a few friends ,but no response. Looked it up on my IPhone. A bunch of listings on Dekalb Ave. I chose Chez Oskar and I am so glad I did! Loved this area, lots of tiny restaurants. Cozy, a change from my bustling neighborhood. Although they weren't overly friendly when we first came in, I felt comfortable. Prices were super reasonable! I had a very nice glass of french red wine .
Crab cake was delicious but there should have been two. The mussels in the mustard/creme sauce was a super winner, french fires on the side. A delicious side order of brussel sprouts. Turns out our waitress remembered me from a wonderful french restaurant I used to frequent in Soho, where she was the owner! Small world...
if you are heading to Brooklyn, definitely check it out!

Reviewed November 7, 2011

Enjoyed a nice french brunch after watching the marathon -- the bistro tables outside and menu options offered provide an authentic atmosphere.

Reviewed October 16, 2011

Ambiance comfy. Service chaleureuse. Food great and prices reasonable. My first visit was brunch. I had the mergueze sandwich and my friend had the eggs benedict. The mergueze wasn't in a casing, but the flavor was right. My friend reported the eggs benedict were the best she had in years.

Second visit was for drinkies. This place knows how to make a Negroni and the gimlets are just about perfect. The bartender moves with balletic grace. And the prices are low enough to ask for another.

Third visit. We shared a crab cake on a bed of celeri remoulade. Big mistake. We all wanted more. Next time, I'm ordering one just for myself. The crab cake tasted like crab--not overwhelmed with peppers, onions and crumbs. And the celeri was superb. The real thing!

I had the lapin a la moutarde. Very good. The sauce was well balanced--maybe just a wee little bit too thick.

The roasted duck breast was good too.

i thought the Vegi Napoleon was a bit undercooked and underflavored.

The lamb shank came in a lovely sauce, but the shank was a bit dried out--fell off the bone but kind of chewy--maybe spent too much time in a warming oven? But my friend who ordered it loved the flavor.

1  Thank lulugee66
Reviewed March 28, 2010

Our group of 4 went here for a Sunday night dinner and the experience was positive in all aspects. A competent, attentive staff and all of our meals were very good.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook