“Worth visiting”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

Our visit purely based on the high TA rating, reading the menu made us a bit sceptic but the dishes and desserts were definitely worth the visit, delicious and not something we eaten before.

1  Thank Michael L

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Al Di La has all the regular Italian dishes, I have had a few, all good. However I recommend you get their fish special if you are in the mood for fish. Many Italian restaurants I when I have had their fish has been what I had hoped for. Not so here. My fish entree was really nicely prepared and unusually good. I washed it down with a nice Chianti.

3  Thank jeremy t
Reviewed May 27, 2014

We went to Al di La for a birthday dinner hoping for some simple Italian food and we weren't disappointed. We enjoyed a variety of dishes from pasta, to tripe, to sardines as well as meat dishes. Without exception everyone at our table was pleased with the quality of the ingredients as well as the excellent wine. The atmosphere was as delicious as the food and despite a full house nobody had to yell to be heard at the other end of the table. Definitely worth a slight "schlep" from Manhattan. We will be back!

Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

Waited over 40 minutes for order to show for a table of seven. Soup was tasty but Escarole salad was microscopic in size compared to its $13 price tag.

1  Thank sweir2
Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

A neighborhood staple for as long as I can remember. You are greeted by an actual Italian and it gets better from there. Stick to the pasta options they are all outstanding. Decor is crumbly wall mess, but it works. Very loud and no reservations.