“Cute place, tasty food.”
Review of Al Di La Trattoria

Al Di La Trattoria
Ranked #35 of 5,607 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner
Reviewed April 10, 2014

I enjoyed the food, wine and ambiance. The place gets crowded, so the seating is a bit tight. The prices are a bit on the higher side, but you are also getting "homemade" dishes. I've eaten here a few times, and I am never disappointed.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

FAVORITE italian spot in brooklyn. Just getting used to Trip Advisor but have been enjoying meals here since it opened. True italian, they do wine pairing, and although it is busy with a lineup well worth the wait. The duck is exquisite and I will be there again next week!! Thank you Marc.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

Really liked this place. They even gave us a glass of wine to compensate for an extra wait. Downside is that it's crowded, with lines on weekends.

Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

We were in Brooklyn for a basketball tournament. Our hotel was near by so we thought we would try it out. Thankfully they had a little enclosure to get in out of the cold wind. The restaurant is very small but the service and food was very good. I am not sure what most of the menu was talking about as it was in Italian but, their specials were sold appropriately. We had a lovely evening and especially enjoyed the frittoles.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I've had the pleasure of dining many times at Al Di La in Brooklyn. I have never had a disappointing meal there. The malfatti (chard dumplings) in brown sage butter are worth the trip by themselves. What a fabulous aroma! I have them every time I visit. The warm farro salad is wonderful. Rabbit with olives and polenta! Papardelle with duck ragu! We take visitors from other places there (including visitors from Manhattan) to show them that Brooklyn knows how to eat.. The restaurant does not take reservations, so we usually plan to wait outside the door and march in as soon as it opens. Do it. You will feel like you have been transported to Northern Italy.