“Delizioso!! Delicious Italian Food!”
Review of Al Di La Trattoria

Al Di La Trattoria
Ranked #15 of 5,673 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Whenever I visit my daughter in Brooklyn, Trattoria Al Di La in Park Slope is a favorite dinner destination.

With a warm, welcoming atmosphere, the restaurant envelopes customers in an animated Italian dining experience. Not sure of a wine? The wait staff poured me a few tastes of Italian reds to help me choose. While the daily specials were tempting, I opted again for the butternut squash filled pasta preceded by a side dish as first course - a flavorful baked beets with pine nuts. Not sure why the beets were a pale yellow rather than red, but no matter, this dish was very tasty.

The pasta was outstanding and though I generally avoid desserts, I fell for the affogato. Glad I did! The de-caf espresso "drowned" scoops of toffee crunch ice cream were a light but sweet way to end my meal.

I very highly recommend this very popular, fun and authentic Italian restaurant!

Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

Most of the dishes were good, but the crust of my dessert was burnt. The cod appetizer needed more than 3 little pieces of good polenta.
The Swiss chard gnocchi were astonishingly good- light as clouds! Melted in my mouth!
The service was excellent. It has always had exceptional food in the past- maybe this was an off night?

Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Line at 6pm (abt an hour wait) so we ate downstairs at the bar with no wait. Apparently there are more options downstairs. The pork was incredible. The black ink pasta with crab was good. The oxy tail appetizer was pretty good as well. Definitely worth the cost.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Fantastic,unpretentious Italian food, hearty,delicious,great atmosphere, the chef is for real and it's all good!

Reviewed January 19, 2013

We arrived there at a 5:45pm, got in line and were lucky to get a table. Service was great. We tried a different pasta and they both were delicious!