“The burger...the burger...the burger!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Tom's Restaurant
Ranked #21 of 5,292 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Aberdeen
“The burger...the burger...the burger!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

The hamburger was the very best I've ever consumed. And did I ever consume it, with great gusto and gastronomic pleasure. They grind their own fresh burger meat daily and can you ever taste the difference. Yum...yum...I want more! Be warned however--cash only and they close up by mid afternoon.

• Visited October 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great brunch spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

The food is great! The place usually has an endless line throughout the weekend. Cozy ambience and great service

• Visited August 2013
“Excellant!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

Breakfast is my favorite meal and I love pancakes. So I tried the lemon ricotta pancakes. I was a little skeptical about ricotta cheese in my pancakes but I decided to give them a try. They were unbelievably good. One of the best pancakes I have ever had. I also had the fish cakes and a side of bacon. They too were great. The service was great too. The staff was very friendly and courteous. What a great way to start the day. I look forward to my next visit.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Great fries”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

Upon the recommendation of someone at Brooklyn Botanic, we walked to Tom's for lunch after our tour of the gardens. The burger was good, though a little dry, but the fries were great, the service was neighborly, and the patrons seemed quite at home.

• Visited July 2013
Delaware, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“An Amazing Accidental Find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

We went to Brooklyn to go to Prospect Park. We wandered around for awhile looking for a place to eat lunch before we went to the park. We happened upon an interesting looking restaurant that many locals seemed to be going to. What a fun surprise! This restaurant was opened in 1939, and it looks like it probably did back then with items added to the walls over time. Our server, Carlos, was very friendly and attentive. He made us feel right at home, and he genuinely seemed happy to be serving us. They serve breakfast all day long which they seem famous for, but we ordered lunch and our meals were large and delicious. Carlos told us, "You are the best!" when we were ordering, but honestly, Carlos and Tom's Restaurant is the best! There is a memorial tree planted in Tom's memory in front of the restaurant. I am sure that Tom would be very proud that his restaurant continues to hold the values that he had when he opened this place.

• Visited July 2013