“Fabulous weekend brunch”
Review of Heights Cafe

Heights Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Heights Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #110 of 5,495 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I was staying that the Brooklyn Marriott, and was meeting with some cousins. The front desk staff pointed us to the Heights Cafe. I was apprehensive, because it was a Saturday morning, I was worried that any decent breakfast place would be crowded. When we got there, however, they were able to seat us right away.

There is a nice outdoor patio, but we sat indoors, near a window.

The menu was varied. I had the Andouille Sausage Frittata. My cousins split the Arugala & Goat Cheese salad. It was all good.

The waitress was not super, but not bad. She kept getting confused about who was drinking decaf and who was drinking regular.

By New York standards, prices were reasonable. I'd go there again.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Following a few hours at the Brooklyn Book Festival at Borough Hall, it was a short walk on Montague St. to this restaurant. I ordered a Martini, and it was perfection... A young lady was tending bar, and she obviously has the knack. (P.S. Very reasonable compared to Manhattan prices). Waitress poured drink from shaker, and told me to take a sip, so she could add more to the glass. That is SERVICE. I had Calamari breaded with corn flakes. The combined texture and taste of both was excellent : did not leave a mari nor a flake. Waiting staff and bus staff flowed.... The salads are always a treat. I have never been disappointed with the food. This being a midday break, I didn't have a full meal. I shall return.

Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

Chicken skewer appetizer was as burnt as could be. I had to ask for the water glasses to be filled...and refilled and refilled. They never voluntarily filled the glasses. One time I waited 10 full
Minutes before anyone walked by to ask for a water refill. The food was good, maybe slightly overpriced...I know they prefer that you order a cocktail or wine/beer however we don't drink. We ordered soda that came in a glass that perhaps held 6 oz with the ice...it was $2.25, and no refills. Kinda stinks I have to pay that much! The table next to us left...the bus boy took the dirty plates away ...NEVER wiped off the table and reset it with clean glasses plates and silverware while you could clearly see the table was soiled. Rather disturbed me. Atmosphere was nice with outdoor tables and open air seating

Reviewed July 21, 2012

Outside seating,NZ sav blanc by the glass, & a delightful lamb sandwich-Devine. The lamb is roasted & thinly sliced, piled onto a pita w/ Tom, lettuce, feta & drizzled with a buttermilk dressing. Huge , w/thin sliced fries...will copy this at home!!Very reasonable prices for a great location.

Reviewed July 8, 2012

We were coming off a tour of the Brooklyn Bridge and walked by the Cafe and it was crowded so we figured that was a good thing. We were there around 1:30 for a lunch and we were fortunate to get a table right away.

The atmosphere was quaint and the food was good, it was a pleasent surprise for a random selection.

The grilled chicken sandwich was good and the beer was cold particularly on a 95 degree day.

Lots of nice little restaurants in the Brooklyn Heights area but we enjoyed this one.