“Even better than what I had expected!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The River Cafe

The River Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
The River Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 5,292 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Old Fulton St.
Transit: A or C train to High Street/Brooklyn Bridge; 2 or 3 train to Clark Street; F train to York St.; Bus #41 to Old Fulton St./Cadman Plaza West
Description: The River Cafe is open for Dinner service every day of the year. Dinner service begins at 5:30 Lunch is served on Saturday from 11:30 AM until 2:30 PM Brunch is served on Sunday from 11:30 AM until 2:30 PM
Malta
“Even better than what I had expected!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

My boyfriend and I were travelling to New York and we had come across this restaurant before our holiday and we immediately fell in love with the view and booked a lunch there.

It was even more beautiful than I had expected! We were given a table right by the window. The restaurant is beautiful, the staff is professional and the food was delicious! The price is a bit expensive but we already knew that before we went so we weren't shocked by the bill - if you go eat there you should expect to spend a bit more than usual, but to me it was totally worth it!

We enjoyed every second of our meal! However, I was disappointed when I went to the bathroom as I found it extremely dirty - an old woman had to go in and she couldn't because of how dirty they were. This was very disappointing - but the rest was fantastic, and hopefully the dirty bathrooms was just a one off experience (maybe the cleaner was sick or something) as I couldn't imagine such a nice place keeping their bathrooms like that.

If I ever visit New York again (as I hope I will) I would definitely go back there!

• Visited January 2013
3 Thank ChrisleeVella

• Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Chicago
“Extremely Romantic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

This is just a great dinning experience - of all restaurants in many cities, this might be the most romantic - looking out over the river at night with the skyline as backdrop, right under the Brooklyn Bridge - this is very, very hard to beat for a romantic setting.

• Visited October 2012
4 Thank Mike16Chicago
New York City, New York
“VERY GOOD VIEW, BUT VERY EXPENSIVE”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

NYC has so many nice places to go or see that you end up becoming spoiled and sometimes not as fair as you should be. The River Cafe is beautiful, service is very good, food is good. However, why not 5 stars? well, maybe because from the Fulton Landing place you have the same view for free... or for much cheaper you can get a ticket to take your loved one to see the same view to the sound of chamber music at the Bargemusic. For the price and quality of food, I would rate 3 stars. The food is not better than that of many wonderful other restaurants in NYC. However, for the beauty of the view, I think it could be a 4 stars.

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Mark L
“A-mazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

We booked in last minute to celebrate our wedding do we weren't expecting too much, however, despite this, after a long romantic walk across the Brooklyn bridge we were greeted at this beautiful location with celebratory (free) pink champagne and offered an amazing table. The restaurant is ideally situated on the Hudson River right next to the Brooklyn bridge and every table has a view of NYC skyline, you just can't get much better than that. Or so we thought! We were thoroughly spoilt by the staff at the restaurant. The food is amazing and just keeps on coming. Our desserts were handmade and had candles and celebratory handmade chocolates congratulating us on our wedding day. Just an amazing day that I thought couldn't get any better topped off with a wonderful evening at the Riverside Café. Thank you.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank Millervanilla
Chicago, Illinois
“Very good experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

I had my birthday party here last January and the experience we had was awesome! Before I begin let me tell you that I think this is the restaurant with the best NY skyline view from all Brooklyn (and even Manhattan).
Food is delicious, international gourmet, wine is good. they have fix prices from 100 to 150 dollars or menu prices if you want to.

People including chef and waiters are great as well.

Oh!! IMPORTANT. You need to make a reservation at least 3 weeks before.

• Visited January 2013