“I Would Rather Eat a 99 Cent Bowl of Ramen”
Review of King Noodle

King Noodle
Ranked #2,190 of 5,416 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Brooklyn, New York, United States
“I Would Rather Eat a 99 Cent Bowl of Ramen”
Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

After months of wanting to try King Noodle, I finally ordered through Seamless and got the green curried flat noodles with bamboo and a side of curried potato croquettes. Despite having put in a later delivery time (I wasn't at home when I placed the order), the delivery man came within thirty minutes, and then returned back to the restaurant when he realized I wasn't home. The order came then came back at the originally scheduled time, and judging by the lukewarm temperature and sogginess of my noodles, I'm pretty sure it was the exact same food from the original order. Heating it up didn't do it any justice: my taste buds were deeply offended by the barrage of contradictory flavors and general confusion of this meal. Not to mention, the amount of noodles you get for $12 is roughly the equivalent of a package of Ramen noodles. Next time, I'll just spend the 99 cents on a package of Maruchan and call it a night. Hopefully my taste buds forgive me.

“Nothing special”
Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

I judge food based food on value and taste. I thought that the food was actually more expensive than its location would suggest. Williamsburg has great and expensive food. But this restaurant is far from any place interesting but it still costs 15 dollars for one dish. I thought that it more expensive than the location and portion size would indicate.

Next for the taste, I thought that the meat/ shrimp were good but not amazing. And the noodle is good but not amazing good. I just think that the taste is typical.

Houston, Texas
“American/Asian fusion”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

The decor is a little trippy! Staff is knowledgable and helpful in suggesting what to order.Iwould suggest a group of 4 or more so that you can order several things and share. They have speciality drinks that rotate as well as regular beers/drinks. The crowd is youngish, late 20s to 40. I would suggest Marinated stak skewers, Kimchee Carbonara,wavy noodle with pork/shrimp.
There was a guest chef the evening we were there and had a super lamb dish! We had home made apple caramel ice cream and a peach jam ice cream sundae! For a night cap go next door to the Narrows the bar is owned by the same people that own King Noodle. It is not in a convenient location if not familiar with area, go by car or cab.

• Visited November 2013
Brooklyn, New York
“Excellent food exotic and different”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Excellent food exotic and different. I just moved to the neighborhood and was looking for a dinner spot and this place just became my fav spot.

Visited October 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
“Incredibly Delicious!”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We were in Bushwick the night of a HUGE block party and every restaurant my friends knew of had a 2hr+ wait... we stumbled upon King Noodle with only 1 hour wait and Narrows next door for a good cocktail. We walked into the restaurant and it is completely FILLED with neon lights. We started with a Scorpion Bowl, aka a Fishbowl drink with FIRE in the middle. We preceded to order about 2 plates per person (half starters and half noodle bowls) and we shared. There were 6 of us and we all were perfectly full! I remember the Kimchee Noodles and the Green Curry noodles were definintely the group favorites! We tried a bunch of their specials for that night, and i believe it was an excellent decision. The only thing we didn't absolutely LOVE was the Octopus Salad - since there was no octopus in sight... so it was just cabbage. Since they had just opened, our server begged us for reviews and we told him, so the chef sent out some shots! Not to shabby.

I should also mention that the chef used to be the head chef at Longman & Eagle in Chicago (Logan Square train station area) and that's one of my favorite places in chicago, so it's no wonder this place was so great!

• Visited July 2013