“How did we miss this gem!”
Review of Sociale

Sociale
Reserve with OpenTable
Sociale is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #115 of 5,381 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
New York City, New York
“How did we miss this gem!”
Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

Great first experience. Small, somewhat poorly lit room....but....
Staff was super friendly and accommodating. Food was terrific. Asked waiter his favorite pasta and he confidently pointed to the spaghetti. It was great, fresh, simple. Perfect starter of both Brussels sprouts and spinach, served separately on same plate. My wife had ravioli, also homemade and noteworthy. Dessert was also simple and hit the spot, fresh chocolate tort with ice cream. Corkage was $30, nice glasses and they decanted. Met owner, super friendly guy. Great food in, welcoming vibe. Will be back.

Visited April 2014

Brooklyn, New York
“Filling and worth the trek to the Heights”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Good traditional Italian flair with good wine choices. Not cheap, but nothing in BK Heights is reasonably priced anymore!

Visited February 2014
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Tops for food, service, ambiance.”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Sociale is just a block away so very convenient but a touch pricey for everyday. Scallop starter was not what my vegetarian friend thought she had ordered but I loved it! She had ravioli hole I had a delicate Bronzino fish. Accompanying vegetables were either in a sauce or lightly shredded. Fresh and tasty. Finished with a shared warm chocolate cake and caramel gelato....decadent. Mt friend had red wine from Piedmont. Wide choice available. Service was courteous and immediate. Will return.

• Visited March 2014
Brooklyn, New York
“You really don't have to leave Brooklyn to enjoy great Italian Cuisine”
Reviewed February 7, 2014

My wife and I have now eaten in Sociale 2 times now and all I can say is WOW! After dining here the first time, we were so taken by the food quality, the chef's preparations and the exemplary service, we both thought that it might be an abberation: so many times have we gone out to dine; had a wonderful meal, only to be disappointed the next time around. Not this place. The host, a charming man, remembered us from our visit a few weeks ago, and greeted us appropriately. This was followed by the waiter telling us the few nightly specials, and we ordered drinks. The appetizers came: I ordered the creamy polenta with funghi, and my wife ordered the squash soup (one of the nightly specials). This was the second time that I ordered the polenta (an appetizer to die for). It was just as tasty as the 1st time. My wife loved her squash soup. My wife then ordered the seared tuna salad (a beautiful presentation that was equally good to look at). I ordered the pan sauteed Hallibut over spinach with fingerling potatoes. Delicious. We shared a dessert (Ricotta cheesecake with berries and raspberry sorbet). I forgot to mention that we both had cocktails and a glass of wine with the meal. This was one of the most enjoyable dinners we have had in quite some time. Both of us dine out regularly in some of the finest restaurants in the metropolitan area, and we can both say that Sociale ranks right up there with some of the very best. What a wonderful dining experience . . . we both can't wait to return. Kudos to the chef and the wonderful staff.

• Visited February 2014
Vancouver, Canada
“A little gem in Brooklyn”
Reviewed December 11, 2013

A little neighbourhood gem we stumbled upon after walking along the promenade to take pictures of the Brooklyn Bridge. Small place, small and focused menu. Excellent service and food presentation. A simple request to the chef for risotto with seafood resulted in a tailor made meal that was tasty, fresh and interesting. Desserts to die for - and unique. Too bad I live on the other side of the continent, otherwise I would go back.

• Visited December 2013