WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #38 of 69 Hotels in Brooklyn
Brookline, Massachusetts
“outstanding experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2010

I was on a business trip near coney island. I stayed in comfort Inn for 4 nights. I keep extending my nights and end up staying for 6 nights. I had very pleasent experience. Staff peple were amazing. They made me feel like I was important. Breakfast was super. Hotel rooms were very nicely cleaned and I had awesome time looking at bay view. I think it would be foolish to stay some where else when you are near coney island area.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank pro55

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Turkish first
Istanbul, Turkey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2009

ıt ıs a good hotel but far a way manhattan and dont forget tax added hotel fares

Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank FatmaS
san antonio, texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2009

We stayed here on business as it was near our meeting place. We had read the reviews but figured it would still be acceptable for 2nights/3 days. WRONG. Believe the previous reviews. Nasty, unclean, unsafe area. Prostitutes/hookers DO use the hotel for nightly activities....roaming around everywhere. Long walk to the subway...not safe walk either. We were trying to check out early for our second night's stay there, but management would not refund our credit card as it is their "policy". Everyone knows policies are up to the management to enforce as he sees fit. Considering the looks of this hotel, it is very obvious why they would not let us back out of our 2nd night's stay. They were as unhelpful and inconsiderate as previous reviews have stated. They have no other way to make their $ than to lie and deceive their patrons. Do not waste your time here....you can find other hotels in the area at the same price as we did the following week we had to return.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank bonnie2009

Travelers are raving about these Brooklyn hotels

Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2009

I enjoyed my stay at the Comfort Inn, Brooklyn Bridge. I found the staff helpful and friendly.
The breakfast was good and I was able to forego lunch on most days because of it. The staff was able to answer my questions about getting around and even suggested a few things I should check out when in Manhattan. The subway was a little far, 10minute walk, but as a solo-female traveller I never felt unsafe or scared going to or coming from the station. After the first night I asked for a room higher up (I was on the ground floor) and it was no problem to switch. The rooms were smallish, but it was just me there, so it was ok. Everything was clean and nice.
The shining point for this hotel was the staff! I enjoyed getting "local" tips. It made me feel as though they cared about my experience even more!

• Stayed October 2008, traveled solo
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2008

What do people expect from a moderately priced Comfort Inn? How can anyone say this hotel is a dump? Sure - it ain't the Marriott at Brooklyn Bridge but then again, you ain't paying 600 bucks a night! So what do you get for your money?
1) A clean room
2) Friendly staff
3) a Nice neighbourhood
4)err....well, I don't know about anyone else but that's all I am expecting for my money!!
For the record, unlike one reviewer I didn't see any hookers. However, there was a very drunk English guy in a Manchester United shirt who tried to book a room but was shown the door by the duty manager. If you are looking for a hotel just to sleep in, this is perfect and very reasonably priced. If you are looking for a Brooklyn hotel to spend a lot of time in, well, spend some money and head for the Marriott.

• Liked — Price, location, friendly staff
  • Disliked — No restaurant/bar
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
      Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank stewmorr
NJ
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2008

Grew up in Sheepshead Bay Brooklyn, so I knew to stay away from the Windjammer and its likes, but hadn't had time to do my research on this piece of crap. They accept "hourly raters" so don't let them B.S. you! - Hookers are welcome there!
At 4:00 am. we were awakened by a prostitue & her John going at it in the room next to us, (grateful it wasn't on the side of the kids' room). These people were slamming the headboard, slamming doors, and drawers, screaming, crying and laughing hysterically for a full hour - a perfect couple for prozac. Finally, after 1 hr - all was quiet - they left, their time must have run out.
We had to take two rooms to accomodate me, my husband and two teens. We paid over $300 for a lousy 7 hours in the hell hole and the rooms were not adjoining. The staff we encountered was extremely rude at the desk both night, & morning. The "air / heat" unit was so noisy it was like driving thru the Battery Tunnel during rushhour in a convertible next to a bus. And, the staff was completely unwilling to help quiet "the neighborhood" when all was being disturbed.
Our situation was one of an emergency - we had to find somewhere to stay immediately - so we figured how bad could it be? (Well, pretty bad!) In the morning I blasted the guy at the desk - to no avail.
My message to the clerk at the Comfort Inn Sheepshead Bay - "Hey Desk Jockey - if you're looking to make a couple of bucks under the table by renting to people staying an hour - then stick them in an area of the hotel where full paying guests will not be disturbed, you fool" Stay Away All !! - unless of course you're a prostitute.

Stayed April 2008
11 Thank AlaskaOrBust
Columbus, OH
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2008

Pros:
-Nice, clean rooms
- Short distance from exit off Parkway.
-Reasonable walk (1/4 to 1/2 mile) to restaurants in Brighton Beach; short drive to Coney Island
-decent continental breakfast

Cons:
-Very few parking spaces
-next to sleazy motel
-any "bay view" will overlook relatively shabby pier/dock

• Liked — Convenient to main thoroughfare
  • Disliked — relatively sleazy surrounding area
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
      Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Theo4455