“Great price, reasonable facility, cleaning staff a little lazy.”

Comfort Inn Brooklyn
Ranked #41 of 72 Hotels in Brooklyn
La Porte, Indiana
“Great price, reasonable facility, cleaning staff a little lazy.”
Reviewed August 25, 2011

You can't beat the price for someplace to stay when in New York City. Close to a metro stop (3 blocks). Rooms were clean upon arrival. Nice staff! There is a breakfast included but there is barely enough room in the eating area. Although our bed was made and clean towels brought in, the cleaning folks did not remove paper plates not clean the coffee pot. However, I would still recommend this for the bargain hunter who wants to spend their money on something else other than hotels.

Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Franster48

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Turkish first
Washington, D.C.
Reviewed September 5, 2010

I spent a night here when my daughter missed a flight out of JFK, and we needed a place to stay. I was very impressed with the cleanliness and high quality of the rooms. The front desk was helpful, and the breakfast fare was better than I had expected.

However, there are definite drawbacks to this motel you should be aware of. First, I thought it was pricey for a motel. (To be fair, though, it may be comparable to nearby lodging. I wasn't in a position to comparison shop.) Second, the parking was free but there are very few spaces, and they could easily be used up before you check in. Third , I saw very few places to eat nearby. (We ended up ordering pizza delivery.)

In sum, excellent lodging and well managed, but the parking and food options nearby are very limited.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
5 Thank Leneal
Brookline, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 1, 2010

I was on a business trip near coney island. I stayed in comfort Inn for 4 nights. I keep extending my nights and end up staying for 6 nights. I had very pleasent experience. Staff peple were amazing. They made me feel like I was important. Breakfast was super. Hotel rooms were very nicely cleaned and I had awesome time looking at bay view. I think it would be foolish to stay some where else when you are near coney island area.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank pro55
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed December 3, 2009

ıt ıs a good hotel but far a way manhattan and dont forget tax added hotel fares

Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank FatmaS
san antonio, texas
Reviewed August 31, 2009

We stayed here on business as it was near our meeting place. We had read the reviews but figured it would still be acceptable for 2nights/3 days. WRONG. Believe the previous reviews. Nasty, unclean, unsafe area. Prostitutes/hookers DO use the hotel for nightly activities....roaming around everywhere. Long walk to the subway...not safe walk either. We were trying to check out early for our second night's stay there, but management would not refund our credit card as it is their "policy". Everyone knows policies are up to the management to enforce as he sees fit. Considering the looks of this hotel, it is very obvious why they would not let us back out of our 2nd night's stay. They were as unhelpful and inconsiderate as previous reviews have stated. They have no other way to make their $ than to lie and deceive their patrons. Do not waste your time here....you can find other hotels in the area at the same price as we did the following week we had to return.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank bonnie2009

Travelers are raving about these Brooklyn hotels

Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed March 29, 2009

I enjoyed my stay at the Comfort Inn, Brooklyn Bridge. I found the staff helpful and friendly.
The breakfast was good and I was able to forego lunch on most days because of it. The staff was able to answer my questions about getting around and even suggested a few things I should check out when in Manhattan. The subway was a little far, 10minute walk, but as a solo-female traveller I never felt unsafe or scared going to or coming from the station. After the first night I asked for a room higher up (I was on the ground floor) and it was no problem to switch. The rooms were smallish, but it was just me there, so it was ok. Everything was clean and nice.
The shining point for this hotel was the staff! I enjoyed getting "local" tips. It made me feel as though they cared about my experience even more!

• Stayed October 2008, traveled solo
London
Reviewed September 19, 2008

What do people expect from a moderately priced Comfort Inn? How can anyone say this hotel is a dump? Sure - it ain't the Marriott at Brooklyn Bridge but then again, you ain't paying 600 bucks a night! So what do you get for your money?
1) A clean room
2) Friendly staff
3) a Nice neighbourhood
4)err....well, I don't know about anyone else but that's all I am expecting for my money!!
For the record, unlike one reviewer I didn't see any hookers. However, there was a very drunk English guy in a Manchester United shirt who tried to book a room but was shown the door by the duty manager. If you are looking for a hotel just to sleep in, this is perfect and very reasonably priced. If you are looking for a Brooklyn hotel to spend a lot of time in, well, spend some money and head for the Marriott.

• Liked — Price, location, friendly staff
  • Disliked — No restaurant/bar
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank stewmorr