“Fabulous restaurant in every way!”
Review of Scopello

Scopello
Ranked #1,530 of 5,575 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: 2, 3, 4, 5, B, Q at Atlantic Ave.; C at Lafayette Ave.; G at Fulton St.
Reviewed March 3, 2013

My family and I were in the area (from Maryland) visiting NYU-Poly. Having read the menu on-line, we thought that it sounded good. Boy, were we in for a treat! Not only was EVERYTHING delicious and creative, but the service was top notch and the staff was very pleasant and friendly. The atmosphere was romantic and cozy. I had a taste of everyone's food at the table, being that they were all family. :) So, what I either tasted or had for my own dinner was the following: Marinated Sardines, which were very unique and scrumptious, Risotto di Terra, Eggplant parmesan, Portabella Mushroom Ravioli with truffle sauce, Sfincionello, Soup of the day, Caponatina, which was also unique and very yummy, and grigliatta di calemari. I did not taste anything that was only mediocre, every single bite was heaven. Run, don't walk to this marvelous restaurant! I WILL RETURN!!!

1  Thank Dee K

Reviewed December 11, 2012

We went there before a ballet at BAM.
The service was good, our glasses never got to be empty for more than a second and the staff is very nice. The food was amazing. Simple, but so good!
The food took a little long to get to the table and we were had to eat fast because we were in a hurry to get to our ballet.

1  Thank mommy24_10
Reviewed February 25, 2012

Just ate here this past weekend before a BAM performance. Food is EXCELLENT and the service is just as good!

1  Thank stratcat45
Reviewed February 13, 2012

I've been to Scopello 4 or 5 times. Is it knock your socks off great? No. Is it a very nice place with good food and a pleasant atmosphere? Absolutely. Their risotto is excellent though you might want to split it since it's a rich dish. I've always found the service friendly and accommodating and the prices are moderate. Not real cheap, not very expensive.

Reviewed January 30, 2012

I loved the food and the service. The place is a bit small but once you get to your table there is plenty of room. All entrees were 20 bucks or less but from the look of the place we thought it would be much more. I had the Chicken Marsala, my wife had the Steak, and my mother in law had the Seafood Combo (Salmon, Rockfish, and Shrimp) All three dishes were exellente! We will definitely come back next time we are in Brooklyn