“Good food; Delivery Issues”
Review of Tofu On 7th

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Tofu On 7th
Ranked #2,298 of 6,577 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Reviewed April 4, 2016

We ordered for delivery. The food was very good, better than we expected. The rice noodles were tasty, the vegetables fresh and crisp; the Sichuan spicy dry chicken very sharp and flavorful. Now the downside: the delivery took 90 minutes, including nearly a half hour after we called and were told the delivery guy was right near us. If they can sort the delivery issues out, it'd be fine.
One more thing: The restaurant is now "Tofu on Fifth Avenue," not "Tofu on Seventh Avenue."

Reviewed July 24, 2015

The same restaurant that was on 7th ave - as the trip advisor name is still currently listing - is now in a bigger location on 5th avenue. Luckily, the food hasn't changed. This place is still the best kept secret in park slope. Their menu is broken up into two very different and very important sections: authentic and american style. Ignore the latter please. You can get american style Chinese food anywhere, but good authentic szechuan in these parts is a rarity. You really can't go wrong with this side of the menu, but my suggestions would definitely be the Ma Po Tofu (ask for it vegetarian and it's even better), the sauteed snow pea leaves in garlic, and the chongqing spicy chicken (which, like all their dishes you can get with tofu instead of chicken if you want - great since I am now a vegetarian). For kids, the veggie lo mein is also quite tasty and not spicy - ours love it. I usually get their food delivered and it is always quick and fresh. I honestly don't know what I would do without this place.

1  Thank Pnz400
Reviewed March 15, 2015

We were again at my wife's family in Brooklyn during the recent snow storms. We really could not risk going out but having previously ordered in from Tofu did so again on two evenings. Our family of six enjoyed all the old standards including Shu Mei, Pork Dumplings, Egg Rolls, Spare Ribs, Roast Pork Egg Fu Yung and Beef with Broccoli. My wife and niece always go for the General Tso's Chicken which is tender and spicy. My nephew enjoys the Singapore Noodles while my favorite is the Shrimp Mai Fun. Even in the bad weather, delivery was prompt.

Reviewed December 9, 2014

While visiting my wife's family in Park Slope,we opted to stay in on a very rainy Saturday night. I usually don't opt for delivery but my cousin said Tofu was reliable and delivery fast. We called and made a large order of three orders of dumplings, shrimp chinese broccoli, beef with mushrooms, vegtable lo mein, General Cho's chicken, House fried rice, egg rolls, shrimp mei fun, large order of spare ribs. While we though we would wait a bit for the delivery it arrived in less than 25 minutes piping hot and everything was very good. The prices were reasonable and the delivery man prompt and courteous. What's not to like?

Reviewed May 29, 2014

Tofu on 7th has the best non-American Chinese food in my local area. After ordering directly from the restaurant the first time, I begged Seamless to add them to delivery options in my area (Clinton Hill, Brooklyn) and thankfully they did.

Having grown up in the Philippines I often get a craving for authentic Asian flavors and this place hits the spot for delivery! I really recommend that you stick to the Szechuan options. Some favorites are:

- Wonton in Chili Sauce
- Dumpling in Chili Sauce
- Beef Tripe in Chili Oil
- Beef Noodle Soup Szechuan Style
- Seafood Tofu Noodle Soup
- Cold Dish Cucumber
- Mapo Tofu (really great)
- Sauteed Pea Shoots
- Chicken Dry Pot Style
- Chong Qing Spicy Chicken

A lot of the dishes are OILY and when the menu indicates that a dish is spicy, it really is spicy.

Note - this place is NOT great for American Chinese food. In fact that part of the menu can be pretty bad (e.g. terrible Hot & Sour soup). I really only order from here if my partner is not around - he loves the thick-skinned dumplings, General Tso's chicken, Lo-mein, etc we get from our other Chinese delivery place. He is not such a big fan of the Szechuan flavors and heat level of Tofu on 7th dishes. C'est la vie, more food for me.

I have never actually eaten in the restaurant so can't comment on interior, ambiance, etc.