“Outstanding”

Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Brooklyn, New York
“Outstanding”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Listen to the opera and enjoy a great meal. I love the artichoke
first course and everything else on the menu. Excellent breads. Outstanding service. Special 3 course 28.50 a bargin

Visited January 2013
1 Thank 21504

Toms River, New Jersey
“Try more traditional dishes...”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

As with other reviewers, Queen was recommended by our hotel. Atmosphere was comfortable and authentic for a local italian restaurant. I was in the mood for something different, so instead of my typical order of veal parmigiana to gauge an italian restaurant, I tried the chicken with an annisette cream/fennel sauce. The sauce was delicious, but unfortunately the chicken was tough and stringy, hard to even cut. My husband ordered a non-menu item, chicken cacciatore. Also tough and stringy chicken. I regret not ordering the lasagne, it looked heavenly at another table. Rather than walk to Junior's for some cheesecake afterwards, we decided to try their homemade cheesecake. The presentation was a beautiful work of art with the strawberry sauce design, but too much sauce. The cake was good, but nothing special. I wouldn't be against going back there again but I'd order one of their homemade pastas with red sauce - skip the chicken dishes!

• Visited January 2013
New Jersey
“The Queen and Her Court Jesters”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

This was the first time for me and my guests dining at this establishment which was a recommendation from a local hotel. We were told that it does not look like much but once you are inside it takes on a formal look. This was a correct depiction based on the suit attired Maître D and formal table cloths.

The service was very slow and I was a bit turned off by the non-Italian wait staff trying to make themselves my “Gumba”.

The assortment of bread and dipping oil brought to the table was an unexpected treat. Unfortunately after a long wait to get our appetizer order in, only the grilled shrimp came out. Considering they got that right and it tasted good, we ordered another dish of four shrimp even thought a bit pricey.

The entrees came out late due to inattention of the wait staff which resulted in room temperature meals. One of my business colleagues picked at his special request penne and mixed vegetable dish. Despite the temperature issue my veal parmesan which was tender and the crusted salmon was one of the best my dinner guest had in a long time.

I found a nice Italian wine at a very reasonable price. In my opinion, the appetizers were overpriced and the meals were within reason. Overall there was no home run hit but I can see the potential so I will keep the Queen on my list.

• Visited January 2013
miami, fl
“Gem of a find in Brooklyn”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

We were recommended to this resto by the concierge at our Downtown Brooklyn hotel. It was like entering a scene from The Godfather, from the family-owned atmosphere to the authentic Italian retro music. The food did not disappoint, service very attentive. The clams oreganata app was perfect as was my linguine with white clam sauce. Only wish I had room for dessert, oh well, next time.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank carolina002
Baltimore, Maryland
“If u want good food”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

I had chicken pram that will knock your socks off, my girl had spaghetti bolongese that was packed with flavor. Pretty inexpensive and we were greeted by the chef. 50 bucks for an authentic italian dinner for 2!!! Awesome.

• Visited December 2012