“Best Sushi Restaurant in Bay Ridge”
Review of Bayridge Sushi

Bayridge Sushi
Ranked #926 of 5,419 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: Japanese
Brooklyn, New York
“Best Sushi Restaurant in Bay Ridge”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

All you can eat sushi is the best deal going. Lots to choose from on the all you can eat menu. Regular menu great too. Love this place!

Visited September 2013

New York City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best AYCE around”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I have been going to this place for years. Very friendly staff ans the food is very good. The AYCE is the best deal at this place. You can not go wrong eating here. They also have a full menu of non-sushi items.

Visited October 2013
Annapolis, Maryland
“Good sushi, good prices, what's not to like?”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

An old friend took me here on a recent visit to Brooklyn. With a generic name like “Bay Ridge Sushi,” I might have ordinarily passed it by. Would have been a mistake.

He and his wife are big fans of the place, and I trust his tastes, so in we went. Nicely decorated, looked clean and inviting. The staff was excellent from the moment we walked in. We were promptly seated and well-attended-to by our wait staff (which seemed to alternate among two or three people during our stay).

We went for the All You Can Eat option, and ordered a couple large hot sakes. Filled out the order form and, before you know it, we each had a variety of nigiri sushi, maki sushi and hand rolls before us. Tekka maki (tuna roll) is one of my two litmus tests for a sushi place … if they screw it up, run don’t walk to the exit.

So of course that was first on my list, along with hamachi (yellow tail tuna), hotate (scallop), ikura (salmon roe) and hokkigai (surf clam). The tekka maki was well formed, with fresh, crisp nori (meaning it hadn’t been pre-made and left sitting until an order came up). All good signs. A nice quantity of tuna in the roll, and the rice was properly cooked and tasted great. The same went for my other selections although, as other have noted in their reviews, the ratio of rice to topping is off here. Guess they make their money in the AYCE by loading up on rice. This isn’t the first time I’ve seen this, and it won’t be the last.

Round two, based on what I’d seen scanning the restaurant, was two hand rolls, one Salmon Skin and one Spider Roll (soft-shell crab), along with an order of Tamago, my traditional dessert. Again, all well prepared and presented.

The quality of the fish was top-notch all around. The forming of the nigiri and rolls was excellent, as visual presentation is so important in Japanese cuisine.

And all this for $21.95 per person! (Tax, tip and drinks separate, natch.) There are lots of restaurants to visit in the City, but Bay Ridge Sushi is definitely worth another visit.

• Visited March 2013
Mobile
“Always reliable, affordable, and creative with item names”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

My wife and I visited Bayridge Sushi with two friends. We had been here before and love it. In fact, we make a point of returning every time since it is always so reliable in quantity, quality, and service. Do try the Lunch Specials that go from $6.95 to $8.95 per person: not bad choices available

• Visited October 2012
“Great sushi.. for all you can eat”
Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

Honestly the best sushi in Brooklyn for $21 all you can eat you can not go wrong ... great tuna sushi..