“Hunter's Steak & Ale House - Great Steaks in Brooklyn.”

Hunter's Steak & Ale House
Ranked #340 of 5,322 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings
Brooklyn, New York, United States
“Hunter's Steak & Ale House - Great Steaks in Brooklyn.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

Dined at Hunter's this past 4th of July weekend, and once again was not disappointed with the meal or service. My good buddy and, I just finished work and was in the mood for good steak. Of course being in Brooklyn, the 1st thought was Peter Luger then I said, why go there and get treated like a second rate citizen because without a reservation or greasing the maitre de it's nearly impossible to get a table for two. Most of the time they will direct you the bar till a table is ready, and during a holiday weekend you will be drunk by the time they call you. Who wants that before eating an expense piece of beef? So we headed to Hunter's Steak & Ale House on 4th Ave, Brooklyn, between 94th & 95th Street right next door to a Public Library and the "R" line 95th Street stop.

I started off having a pint of Bass Ale and shared a Buffalo Wing appetizer, just to get started. Knowing that in about twenty minutes from then I will be downing 32oz of pure delight. As usual, I ordered the Porterhouse Steak (dry aged) medium rare and skipped the starch by doubling the order of the bed of spinach. Also, at $37 it is still the best deal in town!

I have to say when they arrived the aroma put me in a state of "carnivorous euphoria." I had to control myself and hold off for a minute so I could snap a picture for you readers, but once I got started it didn't end till I was able to scrap off whatever meat was left on the bone! It was that good....

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank LouisT423

Brooklyn, New York
“Great food, entertainment and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

This is by far one of the best restaurants in Bayridge. The service is outstanding. Each waitress takes the time to make you feel extremely welcomed. The food no matter what you order is great. The only problem they should offer smaller prime ribs. The steaks melt in your mouth. Deserts are just as good. Drinks are perfect. Go on a night they have music it adds to your good time

• Visited June 2013
Brooklyn, New York
“Poor service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

Well, we didn't have a good experience. Our waitress was rushed and did not have a good attitude. It took many attempts to get her at attention for any issue during the meal. She mixed up the wine order (we fixed that ourselves). I thought I ordered a rare steak, was harshly told I ordered medium rare. OK, I took the blame. Now comes the bill we were charged for "22" small sodas, honest mistake, right? Now, if you know the group was not happy with you all night, you fix the mistake on the bill (which she did) and then say "Oh the soda's are on me" (which she didn't).
Biggest regret of the night was that the tip was included in the bill because we were a group. She did not deserve an 18% tip!

• Visited May 2013
Monroe, NY
“a night out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Just a night out with my sister her fiance and mom. Great atmosphere and even better food! Server was attentive and food was Delicious! Ambiance was definitely there. The menu is diverse, prepared and delivered perfectly. A great time was had by all!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank ford316
Brooklyn
“Pleasant Surprise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Two friends and I went last Sunday for dinner. Live entertainment provided a lively atmosphere and the bar area had an upbeat vibe. From a fairly extensive and varied menu, we chose stuffed pork chops, broiled salmon and seafood pasta, all prepared and presented perfectly. Tiramisu and pecan pie - too good to pass up! Drinks were also excellent. The wait staff is amazing! Professional and personable adding to our overall good time.

• Visited March 2013