“Very good and authentic Spanish restaurant”

Sancho's Restaurant
Ranked #381 of 5,362 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: Seafood, Spanish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
NJ
“Very good and authentic Spanish restaurant”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

We celebrated my Moms Bday in this joint. I picked it up because:
1. Its close to her house.
2. Good reviews
Now I've changed my priorities. I'd go there again no matter how far it is. Its so good!!!.
Very nice and cozy atmosphere. Very friendly service. Wide selection of dishes - seafood, paella, veal, chicken.
Off the grill stuff. Wine list contains very good names (and reasonably priced). Desert menu amazes too.
My personal recommendations will be: meat of the grill, lobster tail, Cailos, squid in ink sauce, clams in green sauce.
Again, very nice restaurant.

• Visited January 2014

New York City, New York
“Delicious Food and Wow Sangria!”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Right off the bet, when you enter Sancho’s you notice that it is not a posh, cool-hip place with trendy music or modern decorations. This is a quiet, old-fashioned, family restaurant with older crowd. The décor includes exposed brick, lots of light inside (not my fav but food made up for it), photos/paintings of Spain all around and white table cloth (uggghhh). People actually go there to eat (imagine that!) - and no wonder, the food is great and there is enough of it to even take home! It felt like we were being served at a family dinner (except with a much clearer explanation of what’s on the menu). We went to Sancho’s on a Wednesday night; the place was practically empty and we were seated right away. We first ordered wine and half pitcher of sangria (only $12!). Everyone knows, that it is really, really hard to find good sangria. My husband knows a thing or two about liquor and frankly, we did not expect decent sangria at all but we were truly pleasantly surprised. Sangria was off the hook! Not watery with just enough concentration of everything. For appetizers we ordered: Croquetas (6 pieces; $8.25), which were some of the better ones I’ve tried; tender with mashed chicken filling and nicely crisped; Serrano and Manchego ($11.25) were what they are supposed to be…good ham and cheese; I personally would opt out next time -you can have ham and cheese at home. For main dishes we ordered: Paella Marinara (2 persons can share; $19.95) a large portion of well-prepared yellow rice and delicious seafood; Veal Plancha ($20.50), which was a generous portion; very tender, thin sliced meat with creamy sauce and some sautéed veggies; and Tilapia with shrimp ($24.95) - fillet was very tender and tasty and shrimp were excellent. Overall, I definitely recommend this place for some delicious food and excellent sangria. We enjoyed everything we ordered but Sangria is right on the money. Enjoy!

• Visited November 2013
“Delish!”
Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

I have been going here for years. The food is always delicious and the staff is wonderful. For the price you pay, you get a lot of food and excellent service. Definitely recommend!!!

• Visited June 2013
New Jersey
“One word... Croquetas”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Order the croquetas - they are light, crispy, delicate and delicious. The service is spot in. The cocktails are reasonable. Shrimp in green sauce doesn't disappoint.

• Visited June 2013
New York
“Excellent true Spanish food”
Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

Went to this restaurant with a few friends. Food was great, especially tapas and fish, service superb a little pricy but well worth it. Reminded me of Spain. Will definitely go back.

1 Thank nu74