“Only OK in summer”

Ranked #729 of 5,705 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 27, 2011

After 2 hours in the subway from Manhattan we finally arrived in Brooklyn – little Odessa and of course, we decided to have lunch in a Russian restaurant. We were quite disappointed : the food was just OK even if plentiful, the service was not attentive and it was quite expensive. We were lost with the huge choice and read the menu for about 10 minutes. We asked for typical Russian food and they didn’t recommend anything … If you decide to go this place, don’t go when the weather is rainy or windy. After a shared appetizer and two main courses, we decided to go without taking any dessert or tea cause we were completely freezed.

Reviewed August 3, 2011

I've been to Tatiana many times, I always like going here in the summer. We had a great dinner, as usual, enjoyed the ocean breeze, people watched, and relaxed. Food is very good, as always.

Reviewed November 17, 2010

this restaurant is located right on the boardwalk of brighton beach in brooklyn--you can eat outside or in--and of course a lovely view of the atlantic ocean--the portions are generous but I still felt the price was a bit much--I suggest brunch on the weekend where they have a buffet style for one price--the menus are also in russian to cater to the russian community---if you want to taste russian style food that this is a good place to start

1  Thank toni175
Reviewed June 13, 2010

I dined with three friends on the boardwalk at Tatiana Restaurant on a pleasant Saturday afternoon last week. We were seated promptly by a friendly hostess and immediately greeted by an equally friendly waitress who suggested drinks. We chose Baltika beer which comes in 3% and 7% alcohol versions. I chose the lighter and my two friends chose the stronger. The beer was served in frosted mugs and was quite good.

Lunch is served in better weather on an expansive patio overlooking the ocean and boardwalk and is pleasantly appointed with brightly colored tablecloths and napkins. Twinkle lights and vines hang above. The wait staff wear yellow and green uniforms and look quite professional. The atmosphere couldn't be more pleasant.

The menu is huge and is printed in both Russian and English. Some of the items seemed expensive to me, but it's a seaside restaurant in New York. I suppose you can't fault management. I chose mushroom soup which arrived in a large bowl with sour cream and the aroma of fresh dill. We ate it accompanied by hearty rye bread and butter. All was quite good.

I also ordered pork stroganoff, but the waitress misunderstood and brought me chicken schnitzel with mushroom sauce. It looked good, so I simply ate it instead of sending it back. My companions both pointed to their choices on the menu and got grilled lamb ribs and smoked sausages with sweet and sour cabbage respectively. All of the entrees were savory, hearty, and in ample portions. Dinner here was a big success.

I loved the place, enjoyed the fine service, and would come back again. Make sure you note the 10% service charge on the bottom of the bill. This European custom is easy to catch for those who travel, but for those who don't, pay attention. It's clearly spelled out on the check.

2  Thank redeco
Reviewed May 18, 2010

Me and woman-friend were here, the restaurant was her choice. We had the most succulent Chicken Kebabs with Cabbage with dipping sauce, Loofah Bread, and an additional fine bread basket with ultra-fresh Rye and Pumpernickel, not to mention us drinking Baltika Beer. Our server Olga was very efficient and professional for sure just like the rest of the staff.

Private parties are really happening here with fastidious families that really pay attention
to terrific grooming, good health, and of course, excellent times.

Tourists can take the subway from Manhattan and be here in 1 hour from 57 Street
on south. Much easier and much less expensive than going from London south to Brighton when in UK. You can't go wrong. Just make sure the weather is fine for best enjoyment. Lawrence Weinzimer

2  Thank LWeinzimer1