“Not recommended”

and up
Flatiron Food, Architecture and History Tour
Ranked #5 of 24 Food & Drink in Brooklyn
More attraction details
Owner description: Get to know NYC & Brooklyn with our Gourmet Food Tours! Why take a tour with Like A Local? Experience the best that New York City and Brooklyn have to offer with our highly curated, food tours! There is no better way to know a neighborhood and savor its unique charm than by walking in the shoes of its residents. How are we different? Like our logo implies, we specialize in creating stylish and buzz-worthy tours. From epicurean adventures to must-see sights, our unique and memorable tours are your one stop source to experiencing the hippest ‘hoods … like a local. Did you know that the first baseball game was played in Madison Square Park, there are over 35 incredible wineries on the North Fork of Long Island, at the turn of the twentieth century there were 50 breweries in Brooklyn, or that one facility in the middle of Manhattan makes tons of cheese per week? Frequently listed at one of the Top 10 Tour Companies in NYC, our vibe is gourmet food, street art, hidden gems, history, architecture, wine, craft beer … you get it. We are made for locals and tourists alike! Our public tours include: Williamsburg Bites, A Brooklyn Food Tour; Sunday Funday in Brooklyn; Flatiron Food, History & Architecture Tour; and our (more than just wine!) North Fork Wine Tour. We also sell self-guided tours and maps We are available for large groups, corporate outings and private events but no tour is too small. Contact us today!
New York City, New York
“Not recommended”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014

Williamsburg Food Walking Tour was not what I expected. I wanted to try real restaurant food since that neighborhood has some very unique places to eat. Instead I got a hot dog, pizza, dumpling and a cookie. The Bagel Store was the highlight of the tour since that was a totally new experience of creative, harmonious flavors packed inside a bagel and cool spreads to go with it. Can you say Rainbow Bagel with a schmear of cake icing? Nice. I wish there was a little more background information of the places we ate at and what makes them so special but then again, what can you say about a dumpling except that it is inexpensive? The chocolate place was anti-climatic b/c I am a chocolate lover so sorry - was not impressed by the whole lot of it. This tour offered nothing that I couldn't do myself, I expected to go to restaurants to taste food not fast food. Was not worth the money.

Visited February 2014
LikeALocalBrooklyn, Owner at Like A Local Tours, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
First, let me start by saying that I am so sorry you did not enjoy the food tour. We spent quite a bit of time crafting the tour based on attendee comments and so far all of the reviews have been positive. I will work with our tour guides to make sure they are providing as much insight into the stops as possible. The same with the business owners and managers that speak to the group. We will try to make it clearer on the ticket purchases pages exactly what food you will be getting. Thank you for the feedback and I will contact you privately to discuss further.

Sudbury, Canada
“Taste of Williamsburg Walking Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

I would recommend this tour both for people from 'away' and for New Yorkers who want to see what super-hip Williamsburg has to offer. The tour is well-planned -- just long enough, lots of good food choices. Any more food and it would've been too much; we were pretty stuffed! Also it was a nice small group -- wouldn't be as nice in a huge gang. Lauren, the tour director and owner has laid out some very appealing tours and it's a great way to spend a few hours walking, watching, talking to people and eating plenty.

Sudbury, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Fun!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014

I really enjoyed the this! Not only did we get to try a wide variety of yummy food, but the tour guide was really knowledgeable and entertaining. It gave me a good feel for the neighbourhood and somehow I didn't feel like a goofy tourist, although I suppose I am one.

1 Thank CarriefromSudbury
New York City, New York
4 attraction reviews
“So much great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014

My wife and I did the Williamsburg Brooklyn food tour. We hadn't ever really explored the neighborhood and we can't wait to go back. The stops on the tour were excellent and we learned a lot along the way. Snapped some great photos too.

Astoria, New York
“Great Williamsburg Tour for Locals and Tourists Alike”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

Like a Local is a lovely tour. I'm a local, but as someone always running from place to place, this seemed like the perfect chance to slow down and actually look around, and I was right. The tour was intimate and loads of fun. I left with a belly full of good food, and drink, a sense of the town, and a little bit of local history thrown in. A fantastic way to spend an evening. I'll be recommending it to friends who come to visit.

Visited October 2013