“Great hot wings!”
Review of Bonnie's Grill

Bonnie's Grill
Ranked #814 of 5,532 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: American, Soups
Description: Bonnie's Grill is celebrating our 17th years in our Park Slope community.
Reviewed January 4, 2013

After researching before we left for our New York vacation we checked reviews for restaurants where we'd be staying in Park Slope. Bonnie's Grill lived up to the reviews! I loved the diner feel of the restaurant. We ordered the hot wings with the 'hotter' sauce on the side.... it's HOT but not the kind where you can't eat anything else afterwards. The next night we had wings delivered to our hotel room (the Holiday Inn Express on Union) with burgers - the food was great.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

An authentic American diner with a great choice of succulent burgers and lighter options. Clean, inexpensive and ambient. A fab venue for a fast and flavourful lunch.

Reviewed July 3, 2012

This has the potential to be a premier destination because so few places get both wings and burgers right and the products themselves are there. Having said that the down side is catastrophic as in if I make one more visit there I may never return. Let me clarify the wings were first rate with good but not great blue cheese and excellent, plentiful and flavorful wing sauce of the mild and hot varieties. Now the bad, the oil was clearly expired. As a result some of the wings were completely dead on arrival. Some were stuck together and some looked like they might have already been eaten. Clear outcomes of old oil. What separates a great place and a place that won't last is old oil. Once the oil is smoking badly you can smell the old oil in the food, the color of the fries is darker and you feel sick after eating. All were present at Bonnie's. The good news is that if this problem is fixed the wings are the best in Brooklyn. The fries were very poor considering the old oil issue. The burger was excellent. I don't think you can achieve burger greatness with less than an 8oz patty so the large burger fit the bill. It was cooked to perfection and the topics were suitable. I would travel for the burger. Another great element of this experience was the ability to wash it down with quality beer. Brooklyn Brewing Mariachi Ace is as good as it gets. What makes a great place truly great is consistency in excellence. You cannot achieve excellence or consistency with old oil. Fix the problem and Bonnie's will be around forever. Old saying in business, take care of the customer or someone else will.

Reviewed May 21, 2012

This is a fun comfortable local place. Small but cozy atmosphere. I had a tasty catfish burger, served with lettuce and tomato on a warm bun. It came with a side of fries that were crispy and hot. My boyfriend ordered the regular burger with spicy slaw. He said that it was real good. They have a small selection of wines which was nice. I ordered a dry red wine which was not bad. The service was good and fast.

We arrived in the late afternoon so the place was not crowded. I know I will be back again and next time try the veggie burger.

Reviewed April 16, 2012

Veggie burger? Best I've ever had. Regular burger? Best I've ever had. Fries? Excellent. Options and add-ons? Excellent. I go here almost once a week. Go here. It's cheap and excellent.