“Fantastic Value”

Gino's Restaurant & Pizzeria
Ranked #65 of 5,491 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Family owned and operated since 1964, Gino’s Restaurant is a long standing tradition in Bay Ridge. Located on Fifth Avenue, Gino's is one of the best kept secrets featuring Italian cuisine in Brooklyn. We invite all of our guests to enjoy a fine dining experience with quality service, full bar and spirited atmosphere. Please visit our website for current menus.
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We go ALL the time. The food is very good and they have unique but simple Itialian dishes. You cannot beat the prices but you do have to be patient since the place is always packed and it can take a half hour or so to get a table even on a week night.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

I'll start by saying , we actually ate early around 1:30 p.m. My wife and I did not have the chance to go out for a Valentines dinner , and we have been wanting to go to Gino's for a while . We skipped breakfast that morning and was in the neighborhood , so we desided to go for our Valentin's DINNER/LUNCH....
The atmosphere is charming , the staff very friendly and attentative. The food "VERY GOOD".
It can get a little loud , but I guess it depends on the crowd at the time .
I had the Filet Mignon , my Beautiful WIFE had Fetuccini with muscles in white sauce.
Cooked excellent , the price's are fare and nothing negative to say...
Overall , very romantic . Nice place for an intemate dinner , or the whole family .
If your in Batridge Brooklyn you must try it out. you wont be disappointed!!!

Reviewed April 1, 2013

We had a family reunion recently and the food and service was excellent. This is a great place with dedicated staff and management. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who wants an enjoyable evening with great food!

Reviewed March 2, 2013

If you live in Bay Ridge or somewhere close by in Brooklyn ,this could be your local Go-to Italian place.The food is good but not so cheap as others have posted here.There is often a long wait if you don't have a reservation and it can get loud during dinner time depending on where you are sitting.If you go on a quiet weeknight you night have better luck.If you are driving , parking in the area is difficult at best.You can take the R train which stops close by.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Whenever I need a little comfort food, I drive into Brooklyn from New Jersey. I grew up in Bensonhurst and Bay Ridge, and though much has changed in thirty years, there is still some sense that I am home. We tried Gino's for the first time this weekend and it was a lovely old-fashioned Brooklyn experience. The wine list is short but immensely approachable. We chose a lovely Banfi Centine that was so delicious for the price point that I came home and ordered a case. The meal was comfort food all the way. This is not the restaurant to visit if you crave something new and different. This is for when you feel in your bones that you need the comfort of home and all your memories. We started out with the hot antipasto and salads. The hot antipasto was a sampler of fried calamari, eggplant rollatine, shrimp oregenato and baked clams. Luscious. The salad is iceberg lettuce with peppers and tomato and olives with a wonderful dressing of wine vinegar and olive oil - oh heaven! In NJ we get all this balsamic vinegarette crap - hate it. The highlight of the meal was the penne with escarole and breadcrumb. This alone was worth all the tolls, gas, time and expense of traveling to Brooklyn for a meal. OMG! Just amazing! A little salty, but I like salt so nice problem with that for me. I got the chicken rollatine which I admit felt a little boring after that penne. I didn't eat much of it due to fullness but I took it home and really enjoyed it the next day. My husband had the veal parm which was delicious. We topped the meal off with espresso and cappuccino and felt we had made a great choice and that we would be back! Then up the street a little bit was Jean Danet bakery, another of those little things we don't seem to have many of in NJ and came home with boxes of cookies and pastry. What could be better on a cold, rainy, raw Saturday afternoon!!!