“True Brooklyn Italian Style”

Totonno Pizzeria Napolitano
Ranked #167 of 5,362 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: Pizza
pa
“True Brooklyn Italian Style”
Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

Love this place. So cute and authentic. Love how they make the pizza right in front of you. Ingredients are very fresh. Thin and crispy crust. Couldn't ask for a better tasting pie.

• Visited September 2013

Brooklyn, New York
“Great Coal Oven Pizza”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

This is one of the best pizzerias in the city. You get great pizza with a topping and a small five dollar bottle of wine and you have a meal to remember. This is how pizza should taste!

Visited August 2013
Park City, Utah
“Very good, classic NYC Pizza”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Even though I grew up in Brooklyn, I had never visited Totonno's until last week. The pizza was very good, classic "New York Style" with a thin crust and the proper proportion of tomato sauce, cheese, and toppings. I have not one single complaint or criticism, and I thoroughly enjoyed the pie as well as the atmosphere. But to say it is the best pizza in the city is an overstatement. Unlike John's on Bleecker Street, I would not refer to Totonno's as destination pizza. That being said, if I were in the neighborhood and craving some pizza, I wouldn't hesitate to grab a pie.

• Visited July 2013
Knoxville, Tennessee
“BEST pizza I have EVER had...and I've eaten a LOT of pizza!”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Coney Island is awesome! Nathan's was a great place to grab a hot dog and fries-don't forget to ask for a fry fork!

OK, Totonno's....WOW! That is a place to get a fantastic pie! The atmosphere is unique and the food is better than I can describe.

As I stated in my title, I have eaten my share of pizza...Totonno's is my ALL TIME FAVORITE!!!

(don't waste your time at Lombardi's which is a tourist trap in SoHo)

Visited July 2013
1 Thank chi09
Brooklyn, New York
“good pizza but not the best”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Rating pizza joints in NYC is almost a sport and a blood sport at that. This one is a legend, as are a couple of others, and each one has passionate supporters. The pizza is good, but there are better "gourmet" pizzas in the city. In my experience, their sauce is thin, watery, crushed tomatoes. Lombardi's is the pizza to die for. Try them after visiting Totonno.

2 Thank Stan H