“Great Coal Oven Pizza”

Totonno Pizzeria Napolitano
Ranked #142 of 5,607 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed August 2, 2013

This is one of the best pizzerias in the city. You get great pizza with a topping and a small five dollar bottle of wine and you have a meal to remember. This is how pizza should taste!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Even though I grew up in Brooklyn, I had never visited Totonno's until last week. The pizza was very good, classic "New York Style" with a thin crust and the proper proportion of tomato sauce, cheese, and toppings. I have not one single complaint or criticism, and I thoroughly enjoyed the pie as well as the atmosphere. But to say it is the best pizza in the city is an overstatement. Unlike John's on Bleecker Street, I would not refer to Totonno's as destination pizza. That being said, if I were in the neighborhood and craving some pizza, I wouldn't hesitate to grab a pie.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Coney Island is awesome! Nathan's was a great place to grab a hot dog and fries-don't forget to ask for a fry fork!

OK, Totonno's....WOW! That is a place to get a fantastic pie! The atmosphere is unique and the food is better than I can describe.

As I stated in my title, I have eaten my share of pizza...Totonno's is my ALL TIME FAVORITE!!!

(don't waste your time at Lombardi's which is a tourist trap in SoHo)

1  Thank chi09
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Rating pizza joints in NYC is almost a sport and a blood sport at that. This one is a legend, as are a couple of others, and each one has passionate supporters. The pizza is good, but there are better "gourmet" pizzas in the city. In my experience, their sauce is thin, watery, crushed tomatoes. Lombardi's is the pizza to die for. Try them after visiting Totonno.

2  Thank Stan H
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Our party of five visited Totonno's this afternoon and I'm happy to say the pizza is every bit as delicious as always. Some folks in our group had never been there before and they were blown away by the pizza. Our server was really nice and sweet. This was the first time we'd ever had to wait on line to get into there, but it was beyond worth it!