“Love this place”
Review of Casa Pepe

Casa Pepe
Reserve with OpenTable
Casa Pepe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,836 of 5,552 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: Mexican, Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 69 th Street
Transit: Take the R train to Bay Ridge Avenue. This will leave you on Bay Ridge Avenue and Fourth Avenue. Walk or take the B1 or the B9 down Bay Ridge Avenue towards Third Avenue you will pass Third Avenue, Ridge Blvd. Colonial Road and you will see us on your left hand side.
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Great food and nice place. Shrimp was very tasty and the service was great. Also , in a nice location. They give you nachos and dip for free at the beginning of your meal which was also a nice touch. Very enjoyable.

Reviewed May 14, 2012

Although I had read most negative reviews in Yelp and other sites, I decided to give it a try as I had been there as a child and remember it being excellent. The reviews were not wrong, the food was bland; we were a party of 10 and we all agreed that we would not come again. The Chimichangas, Burrito, stuffed chicken, Paella Marinera and Paella Valenciana all tasted the same BLAND... The kids had Tacos and Chicken Fingers, believe me I have had better at Chipotle. The reason i give two stars is the service and the atmosphere.

Reviewed May 13, 2012

we came here for mother's day and were pleasently surprised with the quick seating, thinking there would be a long line. The hostess was very friendly and warm. Our servers were very attentive.
For appetiziers we had the Mussels which were good, the broth they served it in was alil salty but tasty. one of my sons had quesidillas as a main course and liked it very much. My other son had the enchilladas and he was also happy.
I ordered the chimichungas, which i've never tried before, and thought it was good, nothing special but would eat again..my husband had the paella valencia which he thought was great..he loved it. we would definetly go back.

Reviewed February 13, 2012

Casa Pepe has been around Bay Ridge Brooklyn for many years. It's a blend of food from Mexico and Spain. I feel the mix of these two different cuisines is a bit odd, but the food is not bad at all. I feel their Mexican flavors are defintiely better than the Spanish ones.
To be 100% honest with you, I'd rather go to some little authentic holes in the wall restaurants in Sunset Park Brooklyn if I want to have good Mexican food. Since I have lived in Spain, I must say that now there are only a small handful of restaurants that truly cater to good Spanish food. Spanish food is mainly seafood and unfortunately we do not have the same seafood they have in the Mediterranean Sea. Since I go to Spain often, I'd rather wait until I go to Spain to have good paella.
If you're not an expert at Mexican, espcially Spanish food, then Casa Pepe is not a bad choice.

2  Thank navitt
Reviewed January 23, 2012

I didn't know they had a happy hour (all apps) 1/2 off.... The food & service was very good.... My mother couldn't stop saying how good the food was..... I had the Pollo Mar y Monte - stuffed breast of chicken with Chihuahua cheese and Gulf shrimp served with saffron rice
I must return again....

Been to Casa Pepe? Share your experiences!