“Tasty hotdogs, bad service”
Review of Nathan's Famous

Nathan's Famous
Ranked #18 of 5,486 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Luckily the hotdogs were tasty and the chunky fries were delicious, as the service was terrible. Firstly, the man behind me in the queue got served before me, and when I did eventually get served the woman couldn't remember more than one item at once and asked me several times what I wanted, no wonder I had to wait in line for ages!

Reviewed April 26, 2014

son had famous hot dog and was not disappointed. I had fish n chips and the portions were pretty big for the price. Seating is hard to find so if you have multiple in your party have someone ready to grab a table while you grab the food. Lines are long and you'd think that Nathan's would be used to it and organized, but they really aren't. Service sucked, but food was good. It's one of those landmark establishments that you must try, so guess the wait is expected.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

Visiting Coney Island means Nathan's hotdogs! Unfortunately for us, the Easter holiday brought freezing cold weather, which meant queuing for hotdogs in a wind tunnel! Nathan's has folding doors which were all pulled back, so it was like we were standing outside. This caused the freezing wind to howl through the shop. This wouldn't have been a huge problem if the serving staff were capable of moving with any speed. I have never stood in such a long line for so long to buy 6 hotdogs! They're hotdogs! What takes so long. Our server was like a sloth at his speed of service. He also forgot what we ordered and had to ask us again, even after we'd ordered and paid! Then he got it wrong. He then repeatedly wiped his face on his shirt sleeve, then bent down to fasten his shoe lace. And no, he didn't ever wash his hands. It was a totally bizarre experience, watching this slow motion operation, which is a fast food joint. Once we were served, we waited another 10 mins for our 6 hotdogs and fries! It was a total joke. While everyone became more chilled to the bone, even the poor servers were freezing, wearing only a tshirt. Only eat there if there isn't a queue, the hotdogs weren't worth a 25 minute wait!

Reviewed April 13, 2014

This place is known for their Hot Dogs and French Fries, rightfully so. I like the Shrimp Platter, 8 Shrimp, French Fries, Cole Slaw, plus. A good value. Easy to park on the side streets. Crowed an fun.

2  Thank jeremy t
Reviewed March 29, 2014

We took the D train into Cooney Island to eat at the original Nathan's and the food (hot dogs) were good. It was raining and cold so we did not get to see much of the boardwalk but if you can go and then walk the boardwalk some it would be worth the ride out there. Dogs were little expensive. 3 hot dogs (chili), large fries and large drink was 21.00