“If "Cheers" was an Italian restaurant serving great food...”
Review of Noodle Pudding

Noodle Pudding
Ranked #84 of 5,604 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We eat out a lot and consider ourselves very knowledgable about the food scene in NYC and elsewhere (including trips to Italy). We eat here at the bar at least once a week and we're not the most frequent patrons. That says a lot. In Brooklyn, there are many Italian restaurants & a number of them have been around quite awhile and are good. But there are few excellent restaurants where you're eating much as you would in Italy & not adapted Brooklyn "red sauce" cuisine (not that there's anything wrong with that either). Noodle Pudding is one of a handful of authentic, owner/chef driven, "let the ingredients do the talking" fresh food (I dont think they even own a microwave), inventive Italian eateries in Brooklyn and it deserves high praise. And what's more important is that, unlike many places that will tell you where everything is grown/sourced and how "correctly" it's prepared but not have a clue as to whether it actually tastes good, your plate is full of stuff that you'll remember fondly and want more of. When you add to this that it is one of the friendliest, generous, reasonably priced places you'll ever find, it's hard to not love it. It's cash only and can require a wait but its well worth it. Come say hello at the bar.

1  Thank SteveRBrooklyn_N_Y_

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Cheap excellent Italian food in NYC? That's where you have to go! It is very close to the A/C train - and to the Brooklyn Heights Promenade and the Fulton Landing pier. It can be the perfect place for a romantic dinner.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

We had been to Noodle Pudding on our last trip to NY 3 years ago and my husband loved it! He had been raving about the lasagna he had since. Well...on this trip I had the lasagna and while it was good, not the best ever, I actually think the one he makes is better. Everything we had, while being good, was not great. Let's just say the food was not memorable.

My stepson visited a month before we went and my husband insisted that he go to the Noodle. He was not impressed with the food, he actually didn't care for the place. That should have been a warning.

I don't see us going back, there are too many restaurants that are probably superior in the area. It's a shame, my husband felt like he had lost a good friend.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

IWindy night in February greatly improved by visit to Noodle Pudding on Henry Street in Brooklyn, NY. I wish I'd been a giant big enough to try one of each on a menu full of special dishes one does not ordinarily find, even in other top quality Italian-style restaurants. All our plates went back shiny, and the accompanying wines were likewise excellent. I can't wait to eat there again.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

This is a great neighborhood restaurant.
People love it so much they have dinner here often
Really nice bar where solid drinks are poured.
Great pasta dishes