“One of Brooklyn's best brunch options”
Review of Rose Water

Rose Water
Ranked #292 of 5,362 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
New York City, New York
“One of Brooklyn's best brunch options”
Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

As is the new norm in brooklyn dining the space is quite tight and they do pack them in on Sunday for brunch. The pancakes were very good and quite large (makes up for the fact that there are only 2 instead of 3).

Westport, Connecticut
“Delicious Farm to Table, Start to Finish”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We happened upon Rosewater during a one night stay at Hotel Le Bleu. It turned out that it was Restaurant Week - which made it that much more affordable, and perhaps a little busier than usual. We also learned that Rosewater always has a prixe fixe great deal and there seemed no reason to go ala carte. I began my meal with Fried Goat Cheese, which frankly, didn't seem that appetizing. But since I do love goat cheese, and anything fried, I went for it. Well, folks...I am not exaggerating when I tell you it may have been the best bite of food I have ever experienced. The Goat cheese is coated in more of a tempura style batter than what I expected. It came on the plate with proscuitto and blood oranges. Taken together, the goat cheese, the ham and the fruit create what I would have to dub as a "party in your mouth!" I was so happy that there was an ample portion of it, and that my dinner companion didn't want to try it. His loss! My partner had the butternut squash soup which was a velvety perfection. The bread and olive oil equally as good. For entrees, we had the pork loin and the roasted chicken. I guarantee if you have one of these, or both, you'll be saying what we said, "I didn't think pork or chicken could taste this good."
Also, have a Fentiman's Curiousity Cola -- an herbal, sweet delight. For dessert, we had the pear cobbler and the chocolate cheesecake. While the desserts were a little small -- because they were so good, it was the perfect end to an incredible meal. The prixe fix menu is $28.00, so you do kind of think you're eating cheaper than you are...then, with the drinks and coffee, its easily a $100.00 dinner. They also offer a wine pairing for $15.00 -- and thats a price you'll never beat. I wouldn't conclude this review with out complimenting the service. Our waitress, Jamie, was a terrific - and when she was swamped, as she was, there were plenty of other staffers to jump in to lend a hand. This Rosewater, by any other name would be as sweet. Don't miss it, but hey, dont tell all your pals - we want a table when we return.

• Visited March 2013
Birmingham, Alabama
“Excellent Duck”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Met a long time friend at her neighborhood spot (she literally lives across the street) on a Thursday evening. Indoors was crowded and we thankfully had made a reservation. A nice succint and limited menu (do a few things great and people come back) which I like. Our server was attentive and didn't get frustrated at the fact we were catching up after having not seen each other in years--a positive for sure.

I ordered the duck with a couple of glasses of Syrah. My friend, the chicken (which she admitted getting almost every time).

We shared a starter of the fried goat cheese. The goat cheese was fabolous; a lot going on in a small bite with the addition of the blood oranges. My duck was cooked per the chef's recommendation--medium rare. It was perfection and the setup was nicely done. We both left completely satisfied and the prices to me were standard for that type of food.

Visited February 2013
Santiago, Chile
“Small, Intimate but Pricey”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

An attractive small restaurant in a sidestreet in Brooklyn. Small outdoor terrace and tastefully decorated interior. Service is friendly and attentive and the atmosphere is one of casual formality. The menu is very limited and the food was tasty. The lasting impression was of good food but not great and pricey.

• Visited September 2012
Limoges, France
“Brunch with a Brooklyn twist”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I never expected to eat roast potatoes for brunch and want more! This is brunch with a difference - seasonal food and original pairings make for one of the most innovative drinks and food menus I've ever seen. The staff were charming and found us a table within five minutes. It would have been worth a much longer wait.

• Visited September 2012

Been to Rose Water? Share your experiences!