“Excellent Steak”

Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Williamsburg
Reviewed June 23, 2019 via mobile

This place is an institution and deservedly so. Granted steak is steak but this is definitely some special steak served in a special way aged in a special way and in the type of place that can only exist after many years of history. The lines are long but the food is delicious.

2  Thank bklyn550
Write a reviewReviews (5,028)

Reviewed June 18, 2019

If you like a great steak this is the place for it.
The service is tops and the food is AWESOME!!!!
Porterhouse for two, Creamed Spinach and German potatoes will make you come back over and over again.

1  Thank Lazzywo
Reviewed June 12, 2019 via mobile

The food is okay, but the service is too terrible. I won’t suggest anyone to visit this place. You will get disappointed. There is no server care about you. They just want to kick you out of the place as soon as possible. The severs have time to chit chat each other but no time for you to ask how the food is or anything else you need. Please, find other steak place.

10  Thank jamie31019
Reviewed June 11, 2019

Steak is as good as expected. Service is not great. Arrogant Italian staff from maître d'
to the waiters. They exude the feeling that you are privilege to be served by them.

Second time in this place. Both times, ordered medium and steak was quite close to being well done. Did not mind because the meat was extremely tender. Ordered the bacon slice both times as well. The one is heavenly. Not very impressed with the spinach and their bread.

While I initially thought the steak was expensive, realized it's very reasonable for a good steak.

2  Thank MicheleFrancisco
Reviewed June 10, 2019

I made a reservation to have my fiance bday dinner six plus weeks ago when the reservations for June 7 just opened online. We arrived at 6:45 for dinner on a Friday. The place was packed and we waited. Once seated we waited another 10 min before being acknowledged and provided a menu or even water. After we ordered the as steak for two, we received our pre dinner bread rolls. Cold rolls with soggy insides. Hard butter. Before I could finish my roll, the steak for two arrived. Cant imagine they made it that quickly and now in hindsight I have a better idea what transpired. We are the steak which for the hype, the price, was unimpressive at best. Chewy end pieces with gelatinous texture. Under seasoned. I drenched it in Peter luger sauce to get some resemblance of taste. Slow water refills. Burned my finger on the plate as we were not warned of its temperature, but that was just the beginning of my Peter luger experience. We were so disappointed with our meal that we skipped dessert even though we were there for bday. The waiter never even asked us how our meal was.
Then, on the train ride home I started to feel an almost immediate onset of bloating, fullness in my tummy and gas, but didn't think much of it as I'm 14 weeks pregnant.
The second we got home I went straight to bed. At 1 am I woke up to horrible stomach pains and a nausea. I exploded from both directions simultaneously once I made it to the bathroom, sitting on the toilet my head in the sink vomiting. I was poisoned by my $160 PL meal. The next 12 hours are a blur, but I remember they I have never been so sick that I couldn't even sleep. I had debilitating stomach pains, gas, bowel movement, more severe insatiable discomfort pain in my abdomin. I spent the night running btw the sofa and the bathroom all night long. The pain in midsection was so severe that I had to remain upright as laying down on my back, either side or stomach aggravated the pain to intolarable levels.
I considered going to the ER but waited it out and went to an Urgent Care the next day where I was diagnosed with food poisoning, prescribed antibiotics. Sunday all day was hell, continued vomiting, nausea, horrible stomach pain and unable to keep any food down. Its Monday now and stayed home in bed unable to go to work. Have an appointment tomorrow to my obgyn to get checked. Praying my baby is ok.

Beware! Save your health and your money. Stay away!

10  Thank Ja R