“Good but not the best steak in the world”

Peter Luger Steak House
Ranked #39 of 6,782 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Williamsburg
Reviewed September 8, 2016 via mobile

During my visit in NYC I had a few moments of r&r watching a Netflix documentary mentioning Peter Luger serving one of the best steaks in the world.

Well being in NYC, in the neighborhood I made a reservation and see for myself.

Long story short, it's a great steak but no way near the best steak in the world.
Certainly not for $103 for a steak for 2.

So great steak, friendly / authentic atmosphere at the restaurant but highly over priced.

We were in and out within 70 minutes (and even had a beer at the bar) for a restaurant at this price range I'd expected a bit more quality time.

But I guess Brooklyn has it's own rules.

Date of visit: September 2016
1  Thank Maikel-433
Write a reviewReviews (5,023)

Reviewed September 7, 2016 via mobile

Notice that I didn't use the word great. Reliable, good tasting, but overall only a fair return for the cost.

Date of visit: September 2016
1  Thank jancsan66
Reviewed September 7, 2016

While there is lots of Hype about this restaurant with supposedly rude waiters and the best steak in town, I'd have to say it's not entirely true. The steak is always the same, never had a bad steak, but it's not a well seasoned steak. It tastes like, well, steak ... beef ... cow. It's good but it doesn't have any secret seasoning or buttery taste. It's a hunk of meat with the porterhouse able to feed many people. For me, I liked all the side dishes a little better than I liked the "just steak" taste of the meats. The waiters were fine and on an off-time we were seated promptly with no reservations.

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed September 7, 2016

a amazing ambience, all kind of people, always the same great quality of meat, not very fine but a great special character!

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed September 6, 2016

We were made to wait for 2 hours for our table only to be told the kitchen was closing in half an hour. Service and attitude of waiters was poor. Food was good but soured by the overall experience.

Date of visit: July 2016