“Cash only????”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Antwerp
“Cash only????”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

I thought they were joking...after waiting a half and hour for a table that was booked a MONTH in advance....you are seated at a cheap wooden table, no cloth, uncomfortable seats...mediocre service ( our waiter didn't get anything right) they were out of the wine we wanted, he brought us something else and ALMOST opened it, before I could stop him... the steak was good, but I have had better...and THEN, they don't accept credit cards??? ARE YOU JOKING??? What???? do people walk around with large wads of cash in their pockets??? No one mentioned anything, and this place is EXPENSIVE!!!!! WHO IN GOD'S name walks around with that kind of cash?? AND getting out there is another logistical nightmare....suffice it to say I will NEVER EVER be doing this again, and I advise others to avoid this.....SPARK'S is so wonderful, lovely service, white table cloths, good steaks...WHY WOULD ANYONE EAT HERE??????

• Visited May 2013

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
“A bit overrated”
Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

Personally I think it is a bit overrated, price is open reasonable. Waiter is cold and not to keen to chat bit remained polite. Overall just a so so experience eating there.

Ireland
“Gorgeous steak, great experience, worth the trip”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

It's olde worlde, quirky, and gives you fabulous steak with no frills! The waiter was pretending to be grumpy, but service was excellent, no issue there.
Bring cash, they don't take cards. The wine was lovely, and we didn't need dessert.
We walked across the Brooklyn Bridge to get there and that was amazing.

Visited April 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Best steak we've ever had”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Despite this being one of the places my husband was desperate to eat at while in New York, we didn't end up making a reservation until the week before - and Monday at 2pm was all that was available.
We got there early and it was almost empty, only 3 tables with people at the end of their meals. While we were there another 2 tables came in and started after us.
We had done our online research prior, so we knew it was cash only (though there is an ATM right out the front) and that it was expensive.
We also knew to order the tomato with their steak sauce, and the bacon (wow this was delicious).
I'm not much of a steak eater, but when I put a piece of that filet mignon in my mouth - I thought I'd gone to heaven :)
The service is good, if a little eccentric. All part of the charm.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank HB77
Belgrade, Serbia
“Excellent steakhouse.”
Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

This place is great with very nice steaks, but doesn't quite live up to the hype. Expensive and there are better steakhouses in NY...

• Visited October 2012