“Perfection!”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 5, 2012

If you want the best steak in the US, visit Brooklyn and go to Peter Luger. Start with the shrimp cocktail, the tomato and onion salad, a piece or two of the best bacon you will ever have and then steak for as many as there are in your group (or add one if you are still hungry)! The best...

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Wedge salad is the best wedge in NY. Bacon is so juicy. I left extremely full and satisfied. Would like to make the trip to Brooklyn next time.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

all their food is amazing! even with reservation theres a wait but its worth is! its pricey but perfect for all occasions

Reviewed November 1, 2012

I consider myself somewhat a steak snob and will happily say that the porterhouse at Peter Luger's exceeded my expectations. Yes, it's pricey and I have had steak as good for less money. Yes, the surroundings aren't as grand as you would expect for the prices. But... And there is a but, you pay as much for the experience as you do for the food. Our waiter was friendly and charming, service was good and the steak was excellent quality and beautifully seasoned. My daughter had the sole and she devoured the whole thing in one sitting (she is 4) so must have been good! My only criticism would be the wine list - it is limited and very expensive. All in all, a lovely NY experience and good quality produce.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

This restaurant came highly recommended by friends. We all had high expectations of our meals and I must say that neither of us were particularly impressed. I'm not a huge steak eater, but my friends thoroughly enjoy a good steak. We have all had better steaks elsewhere or sometimes even better at home on the BBQ! Benny, our waiter was excellent, explained everything very well for us. All I can say - don't rush here.....