“Good pizza; dreadful attitude”

Grimaldi's Pizzeria
Ranked #31 of 5,532 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We arrived at six pm on a Tuesday. There was no queue, and were seated straight away, but warned the ovens would take up to 20 minutes to reheat. The waiter was just down right rude, and because we could not make an instant decision about the pizzas we wanted, we were then forgotten about for over half an hour. Our order then seemed to be forgotten about, and only appeared after Mr Charisma asked me where our pizzas were (he obviously had as little clue as we did). Our (ice-less) water was only topped up when we asked a waiter.
The pizzas were good, but not as fantastic as we were expecting.
The only thing that was rapid was the presentation of the bill; fortunately, and the major saving grace for Grimaldi's was the cost - two large pizzas and drinks was $50 (five of us).
Overall, worth a visit as long as you realise you are getting in the staff's way!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Walked across the Brooklyn Bridge & was told by some NYC cops that we had to eat at Grimaldis because "it's the best pizza in New York!" It's a very short walk off the bridge, around, & directly underneath. The line was only about 6 people long at 1pm, so we decided to wait. It was hot, but the pizzeria puts out a big jug of ice water which is very nice. We waited about 20 min & by the time we entered, the line was down the block. The older man who showed us in was quite rude, but we followed him upstairs to our table. I don't think there was a/c on because it was hot & muggy inside. There were fans but they didn't help much. Our waiter, also rude, took forever to bring us waters & then had attitude when we asked for more. We ordered the antipasto which was not very authentic & quite small for the price & the white pizza with grated cheese. The pizza was authentic New York style-- very thin crust, large slices, and delicious. So if you go for the pizza & not the service, you won't be disappointed!'

1  Thank theresaw
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Yes, we came here for THE PIZZA! It was a wet and damp day in New York but still we braved the cloudy wet weather and lined up outside Grimaldis.

The place looks great & packed with people. I don't remember the pizza we got but it was delish. I'd come back there when my husband and I go to NY. He's the pizza monster.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

The guidebooks say this is the best pizza in New York. It is good, but not the best I have ever had. Plus, I think because of their popularity, they have a bit of an attitude. They also have moved down the block from the original location and from the looks of the bar area (where I was directed as a single diner), they haven't totally moved in yet. That all being said, the "small" pizza I had was enough for more than 2 people, but I tried my best to finish it all. The fresh mozzarella was a great surprise and the roasted red peppers were plentiful for toppings. Despite the touristy environment, I would make a stop after your walk across the Brooklyn Bridge.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Was a long line, as usual, outside, but an employee offered seatting at the bar and we jumped at that option. Enjoyed sitting at bar. Don't feel we missed out at all by not sitting at a table.
Bar server was very pleasant. Food was good, not saying best pizza ever, but good.
Received a complimentary dessert at end of meal, as did people sitting next to us. Was a very nice, welcome touch.
Liked the music that played too.