“Worth the Wait!”

Ranked #31 of 5,534 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We decided our first authentic NY pizza experience was going to be at Grimaldi's, and boy, we were not disappointed! We only waited outside in the the line for about 20 minutes. They sat us at the same table with another couple we didn't even know. It was kind of awkward as they weren't exceptionally friendly, but part of the experience I guess. On tasting the pizza, I told my husband "This is so good, I not only want to slap my mom, but also the mother of every person in here!" The service was average, but our server was this really funny, Polish guy, which made up for it. I would definitely recommend this and would even go back myself.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

After a long walk over the Brooklyn Bridge, this was a great stop for our family for an early dinner! We had heard about Grimaldi's and definitely wanted to visit and we're glad we did. We did know ahead of time that it is cash only which is crazy in this day and age to only deal with cash but I'm glad we knew ahead of time since I don't usually carry that much cash on me. The line was crazy long. I mean, crazy long. We had stood in lines on our trip for the 9/11 Memorial and other places but this was like 2-3 hours CRAZY LONG! Was it worth it? By that point, I would have eaten my shoe but yes, it was worth it. The pizza was great! Once we were in, we sat down, ordered, and they brought us our drinks. Try the Old Brooklyn drinks. They are fantastic! The only reason this didn't get 5 stars is due to the service. I know it was crazy busy but the service was nothing special--at all. Like I've said in a previous review, we're pretty easy restaurant patrons. We order what is on the menu and don't expect too much attention from the waitstaff but hearing a 'thank you' is always appreciated, just like it is when we say it to the waitstaff. I would probably come again but I think next time I'd like to try another of the great pizza places that this city has to offer.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

The pizza her is just not worth the hassle to taxi over from Manhattan.too thin and to be honest the biggest let down of my trip.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

The restaurant was located right under the Brooklyn bridge. Really cool place to eat traditional New York pizza. It was worth the trip there. The pizza was so good. Fresh made Mozzarella cheese-everything Seemed fresh-not packaged. Pizza at home will never be as good now!

Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

Luckily we didn't have to wait long for at table when our New York friend brought us here. Great pizzas at a very reasonable price. Two kids and 3 adults ordered 2 large pizzas. That was plenty, and we were asked if we wanted to bring the rest home :)
Apparently the place to go!! Would come back for sure. Ice factory just down the street!