“Don't go to this restaurant!”

Grimaldi's Pizzeria
Ranked #31 of 5,545 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Reviewed April 17, 2013

A long wait (1hr+), raw pizza and sausage topping. Took the sausage off but pizza tasted bad. Worst tasting one we ever had.

1  Thank Janet P

Reviewed April 16, 2013

I had read so many good reviews about this restaurant I was looking forward to enjoying my Pizza. We were a party of ten and ordered 5 large pizzas to share. We waited one hour for our food after ordering, then three of the pizzas were wrongly allocated to our table, we ordered white wine and red was delivered, this was then changed. The pizzas were enjoyable even though three were wrongly served.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Didn't realize that they moved a few buildings down from where they used to be a couple of years ago. "New" building used to be a bank so nice old architecture but I mourn the loss of the authentic pizzeria feel the old place had. Also, part of the experience for me was the Brooklyn attitude the servers had as they yelled at each other across the restaurant. With this visit, they were actually pleasant. What? I want to be yelled at for putting too many toppings on my pizza!

Pizza, however, was still good. This is becoming a routine for me whenever I visit NYC- subway to Grimaldi's, walk back on Brooklyn Bridge.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

I visited on a Saturday afternoon. I went to the Queens location in Douglaston. The restaurant is small but, has a nice atmosphere. They do not serve slices and do not accept cash. I ordered a small traditional pie with six slices. The service was good. The sauce, cheese and crust are authentic.I have tasted many different pizza shops in NYC and this pizza is exceptional. I plan on returning with my wife soon. Enjoy!!

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Based on recommendations, we came here for lunch after taking the East River Ferry and before we walked over the Brooklyn Bridge. I hadn't planned for the queue to get in! However, 1) it was lunchtime on a really sunny day in the holidays so only to be expected for somewhere popular and 2) it moved quickly. I supposed we waited 20 minutes (that sounds ages, but we the queue was beyond the building when we got there!)

We had a Brooklyn Beer (excellent) and a large pizza (large definitely means large, we struggled!) with peppers, mushrooms and ham which was gorgeous - fresh tasting with a lovely base. It was fantastic. We were seated where we could see the pizzas being prepared which was great. It was really reasonably priced.

As well as loving the food and the beer, we were pleased that for somewhere so busy we didn't feel hassled or rushed to get finished. Worth the wait!