“good steaks”
Review of Cebu

Cebu
Reserve with OpenTable
Cebu is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #374 of 5,552 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 88th Street and 3rd Avenue
Transit: Take the R train to the 86th Street station in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn.
Description: Cebu Bar & Bistro has been serving up new American fare into the late hours since 2001. Cebu is inspired by the classic notion of a bistro, great food, great drinks, and great friends. Chef Carlos-Lima has taken these classic elements and has delivered them in a new and exciting way,a dding bold complex flavors to the dishes you know and love.
Reviewed January 6, 2012

just built the extension to the restaurant, plenty of room, delicious food...

Reviewed January 4, 2012

always great food and very good service. One thing is call ahead. this place is always jumping

Reviewed January 3, 2012

been going for a long time. great for family parties or just a night out. crab cakes are great as well as all the food. good atmosphere...gets a little crowded on the weekend but still a great spot....

Reviewed November 7, 2011

My husband and I went to Cebu on Saturday evening, November 5th. It was my second time there and his first (I went for brunch with a grilfriend about a year ago).
We arrived at about 7:05 PM (our reservation was for 7:00) which was a little late since they did not have valet parking which they told me they did so strike 1. Strike 2 came when the couldn't find our reservation in the system which was funny because I made the reservation earlier in the day in person. Okay they sat us anyway inthe main dining room which is the old Mambo Italiano which they took over. The restaurant is very dark which I know they do for atmosphere, but really it was so dark it made me want to go to sleep. The waiter came over promptly and we ordered drinks. Going through the menu my husband asked me if I would like to share the cheese plate and I readily agreed. We also order salads, me the arugula and him the warm spinach salad. I decided on the paella for the main course and DH decided on the ribs.
We were really disappointed with the cheese platter as it was nothing special and the salads well they were just salads....good but nothing special. My paella was good, but again nothing special and DH really did not like the ribs. We enjoyed our time there because we enjoy each others company but decided we would not return because of the food and atmosphere. As I said the restaurant is really dark, maybe they are trying to save on their electric bill, but we found it annoying and the original room was not only dark but noisy too.

Reviewed October 31, 2011

We went for the 2nd time, for lunch on a Saturday. The place wasn't too crowded, and the service was quite nice. Fried oyster appy is fantastic. I had a frittata, & my husband had a burger..everything was nice & fresh-nothing took too long to arrive. The fries are home made, which is a big plus.

Been to Cebu? Share your experiences!