“good service, very reasonable”
Review of Nana

Nana
Ranked #2,844 of 5,419 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: Japanese, Thai
Description: Nana Restaurant & Bar boasts a unique setting with its colorful interior and large garden patio, cool industrial feel, and concrete bar. With Asian Fusion cuisine and impeccable service, we turn any gathering into a memorable affair. We offer Southeast Asian saute and noodle dishes, fresh sushi and sashimi, and many other delights that bring Pan-Asian cuisine to Park Slopers. Our food and drink menu is influenced by China, Thailand, and Malaysia with freshly prepared sushi as an homage to Japan. Some of the most popular dishes include the classic Shredded Orange Chicken, Curry, and the traditional Wok Lo Mein. Nana's dining room seats 60 people, and the patio seats an additional 50. For standing-room functions, the recommended capacity is between 100 and 150 people. Looking for a good happy hour? Between 4 and 8 PM Nana has deep discounts on beer, Mojitos, Margaritas, as well as $3 appetizers. Whether you're from out of town or a Park Slope local, Nana has the Asian Fusion with something you're bound to love. Come by for a dinner with friends or a date with a special someone. At Nana, we're excited to serve you soon.
Marshall, Michigan
“good service, very reasonable”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We got the coconut fried rice and vegetable udon. The udon was covered with black pepper. I had hoped seasonings would be more subtle and / or imaginative. The coconut rice was very good. The bill was less than $20, which was a nice find in a pricey town. Service was speedy, but our waiter didn't understand any special request.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank 725sde

New York City, New York
“Great food, bad service”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

The food was splendid, the sushi and miso soup was the highlight of my meal. However the service was horrible. My waiter was dressed in street clothes and didnt know any of the answers to the questions that I asked him about the menu. The wait for the food was long but was over looked because of the taste. Overall it was a great experience and would likely go back.

1 Thank JoDe2488
Gallipolis, Ohio
“Wonderful, excellent, fantastic!!”
Reviewed July 4, 2012 via mobile

We ate here while visiting family I'm Brooklyn (were from Ohio) and had a great time. Food was perfect, our service was outstanding and the price was incredible. We had ordered a ton of food (no drinks) and it came to $60 for 3 people. You cannot go wrong here!!!

1 Thank Gentrip
Forest Hills, New York
“Sexy Asian”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Despite this restaurant's name - which reminds me of my old Maltese grandmother - Nana is the sexiest restaurant I've been to in Brooklyn. (Not as sexy as MoCA in Forest Hills, Queens, but the sexiest in Brooklyn.) The ultimate Brooklyn date place.

I had the "Thai Basil Bento" lunch special for $8, which came with salad, two spring rolls and rice. The ambiance was just too arousing to wash it down with a simple beer or diet soda, so I ordered a Champagne Mojito for $7.

I don't usually like salad but Nana's had a great tasting dressing. The spring rolls were excellent. The basil chicken was too spicy for my taste, but that was my fault for forgetting to ask for mild. The chicken was otherwise very good and the portions were very generous considering the low lunch special price.

The piped in music included a foreign love song, techno and 1970s American pop, including the Pina Colada song.

The interior of this place is hard to adequately describe in words. I would call it complex modern Asian. And the word "sexy" should be in there somewhere, so how about "sexy complex modern Asian" or "complex modern sexy Asian".

I did have one problem with the interior decor: Although I didn't mind the Andy Warhol Chairman Mao prints on one wall, I found the Mao Communist propaganda poster on another disturbing. Kind of like going into a German restaurant and finding an old Nazi portrait of Hitler. I'm still giving this place five stars despite the contradiction of presenting a glorification of Mao in a place of bourgeois decadence he would have disapproved of with extreme prejudice. Nana's is just too sexy and sumptuous to give it anything less.

• Visited June 2012
Brooklyn, New York
“Solid.”
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Love Nana. Casual friendly service, good food. The wide menu covers just about anything you're in the mood for.

• Visited March 2012