“An experience”

Ranked #116 of 5,532 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Sometimes you have to go to a place like Bamonte's just because. Like Peter Luger's, Bamonte's is a Williamsburg institution. Certainly a different clientele than you will see at the trendy places. People have probably been coming here their whole life. The ambience is great, the prices are about verge, but so is the food. We had to try it once but if you want Italian that you will remember for the food, there are better choices.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

The Bamonte's Restaurant has been in Brooklyn for over 100 years. It it is very popular with New Yorkers I too remember eating there when I was a youngster. So, when I am in Brooklyn, I will eat there.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Stepping into Bamonte's reminded me of a place Sinatra and the Rat Pack might hang out in. Our service was attentive but a little aloof. Average sauce's and pasta's. The location was hard to beat being next door to our hotel, Le Jolie. I'd eat again if I stay at this hotel. Good neighborhood Italian.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Having just eaten at Peter Luger's, I was not expecting to be blown away by a restaurant for the second time in two nights. But Sunday night dinner at Bamonte's was an even better experience. Although obviously from out-of-town, I was treated like a regular customer. The waiter graciously agreed to provide an appetizer-sized portion of an entree (an outstanding chicken livers and mushrooms). Eggplant parmigiana is a dish I've ordered for decades, and I've never tasted a better version than Bamonte's. The bartender mixes a perfect negroni, and the grappa was comped. The clientele was mostly families, some with children. Everyone seemed relaxed and unhurried. Can't wait to return!

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Bamonte's is a treat to all the senses. Walking in, you are immediately back in time. When was the last time you saw waiters dressed in black jackets/trousers and white ties? Tables can be configured for large parties and forjust 2 people. It's as much fun to look at everyone enjoying themselves as it is to take a gander at the photographs of noteables on the walls. Even Tony Soprano and The Pope! The restaurant is over 100 years old with a sparkling kitchen that inspires confidence.
The food is excellent. One of us had ziti with brocoli, one had thewhole fish and an assortment of vegetables, and I had the ravioli with meat sauce. It was the best I've ever had!
Bamonte's is about a 10 minute walk from the Larimer subway station through an Italian neighborhood.
For delicious food, ambiance, and a dose of contagious good cheer, this is the place.

1  Thank Pamwiltravel