“Worth a Visit”

Ranked #100 of 5,705 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 29, 2012

I recently had dinner at Bamonte's with friends on the way to Manhattan. The restaurant had been recommended by a friend from Williamsburg. The four of us had four different meals and we were all happy with the food. The prices were reasonable and the service was good. I was glad that there was a parking lot next to the restaurant so I didn't have to worry about where to park the car. My only slight problem with the meal was that all dinners came with potatoes and the vegetable of the day. I would have preferred pasta as a side but the menu clearly stated there would be no substitutions. The menu has probably not changed for a 100 years. Again, however, we were all satisfied with our meals. I would definitely consider a return visit.

1  Thank dannyo62003

Reviewed October 30, 2012

The food and the service are very good. If you are in the need to eat a good Italian here is the place. My sister and my two best friends surprised me here and us four we ate dinner. We had a great time. We had dinner and desserts. It was a great time to spend and did I say the food and the service was very good. This place is a must!!!!!

Reviewed September 22, 2012

Bamonte's is a long time favorite in the Williamsburg section of Brooklyn. This area is the new Manhattan for young professionals not looking to pay the rents across the river. The food and service here are truly old world and first class. On a Saturday evening every table was taken and the bar was filled at nine o'clock with people waiting for tables. Even with the crowd, you had to ask for your check, no one was
rushing you out. Laura is constantly in motion in the dining room checking on her guests as well as the kitchen. We had outstanding Capri Salad, Zuppe de Pesce, Broiled Veal Chop, Stuffed Veal and a pasta dish each one prepared to perfection. This is a place for regulars and you can become one after your first visit. Nothing ultra chic or modern here, no fancy lighting or decor; just great food with an easy to enjoy wine list. There's an attended parking lot since on street parking isn't a option in this neighborhood. My family came to Long Island from Williamsburg decades ago; if only they could see it now!

Reviewed September 18, 2012

This is a restaurant that will bring you back to old world Italy. The food is prepared just like grandma made. One of the best TRUE Italian restaurants left in NYC!

Reviewed June 16, 2012

This restaurant serves authentic italian food. If you happen to be in the neighborhood it really does not disappoint. My husband's family has been going here for years. There are many notable dishes. Really great service and good drinks. Has parking available.