“Average pizza - nothing more”

L&B Spumoni Gardens
Ranked #12 of 5,321 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cambridge, Massachusetts
“Average pizza - nothing more”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2009

I used to go here quite often as it's a passable lunch on the way home from visiting Coney Island with kids. The pizza, both the square Sicilian style and traditional round, is average. I don't at all understand the 5 star reviews.

1 Thank RamblinDan

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Get over it and order a...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2008

Get over it and order a slab--it goes down so easily.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Sacramento Valley
“Best Pizza in NYC Area!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2008

A Great Wet (Saucey) Pizza with a thick crust! The pizza pie is good enough without toppings! One of the best tasting sauces and a great light crust! Bravismo! The Spumoni is yummy too!

Located in Bensonhurst neighborhood of Brooklyn.

I enjoyed this pizza pie better than Griabaldi's also in BK.

1 Thank SeminarTrekker
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“The square sicilian pizza is amazing. The crust and sauce combination is just about perfect. I had some Spumoni too but...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2008

The square sicilian pizza is amazing. The crust and sauce combination is just about perfect. I had some Spumoni too but nothing to rave about. At the risk of sounding cheesy, L&B is a neighborhood treasure. I chatted with a man who was 60 and said he's been going there since he was a boy.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Melbourne
“Oh my...this is heaven~”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2008

I will start by saying that I am a avid pizza devotee I have it at least twice a week and usually make it myself. The dough, the sauce, everything. So I have very high expectations of pizza and very few brought pizza's ever blow me away. That is until I visited L&B Spumoni Gardens. The pizza was so simple and yet was one of the most amazing pizza I have ever tasted. I don't understand how they do it. I need to add so many components to my pizza to make it great and they do it effortlessly. I don't care how hard it is to visit if you are staying in Manhattan but you must must go. Also their Italian Ices are also fantastic and a great way to finish the meal. I'll see you there!

1 Thank Annannann