“Worthy of the hype”

Di Fara Pizzeria
Ranked #119 of 5,545 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Nothing in San Diego can touch this place. Perfect pizza, totally worth the wait for a real slice of pizza, the kind you can only get in NY.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Sure, we phoned ahead and that didn't matter, long wait, few tables: ordinarily, these would be negatives. But here, when you know you are at ground zero of the perfect pizza, you revel in an essence of Brooklyn life. The pizza --- even the wide crust where there is no topping --- is fully and completely delicious. We ordered the basic $28 round pizza that fed three thrilled gourmands. No need to add sausage --- we all know what sausage tastes like. With the basic pizza you have tapped the pizza mother lode.

1  Thank R0adTripper66
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Very small. Cash only. In the middle of nowhere Brooklyn but the pizza is well worth the trip. Don't waste your time at Grimaldi's under the bridge.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

I understand yeah this is a very good pizzza but come on. Every time i come there at time they should be open and they close well it's find with me becase i just go home becase i live a few blucks away but people come from so far a way just to try this picca and they don't have respect fotlr that at all. I their web oage it says they open at 12pm but they always forst people to wait outside another 30-40 minutse without any explanation even if it's cold outside or even the rian. I think you should respect your castumers even if you are the beat pizza ever.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

I have read several reviews about Di Fara and I too live in the neighborhood and wanted to add my 2 cents. I see the long lines of people standing outside in all sorts of weather waiting for pizza. I will admit my family used to eat the pizza and it was good (back in the 80's). But after seeing Di Fara closed for unknown reasons, my family found another pizza place - that delivers!
The one thought I always have when I walk by and see all these people standing in these long lines for food, and some have traveled quite far is "where is the bathroom?" The seating area is tiny and there isn't any door way leading anywhere. I wonder if Dom lets people go under the counter, past the oven to the bathroom in the back?

I haven't had the food in many years, but from what I see it's still swimming in oil.

If you are not from Brooklyn or NYC think twice about making the trip out to Di Fara.

1  Thank aabrams